KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, annoying processes & tools

Jun 28, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty much everyone I work with, both within my team & dept, and in the other depts I interact with, are helpful. Everyone is nice & sociable, in the "would have a beer with" category. Pay is good. Benefits & other compensation is generally good, though 401(k) matching is done in the weirdest way I've ever seen.

Cons

So many of the tools we work with are actively working against us. Either it was "decided" long ago and no one has reviewed the decision, or the deciders are not the users of the tools. And if you try to ask or push for change, there's a very strong sense of learned helplessness, of "that's just the way it it" and "we work around this by...", instead of fixing the processes & tools themselves. This is also true for business processes in a lot of ways. There's things that are "just done this way", and if I'm not familiar with those processes, I'm treated with exasperation, not education. When I ask why things are done this way, no one knows. There's an overall sense that everyone just keeps their head down, stays in their own silo. For a "remote-first" company, it's pretty surprising that there's no funding toward that. No annual stipend, or even a one-time reimbursement. You're given a 24"(!?!) monitor and a laptop, and that's about it. Everwhere else I've been has had _something_ to help WFHers get setup, since we're so much cheaper than office rent.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful

CrowdStrike Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard to make sure everyone has a voice as we experience rapid growth. Thank you for your recommendations - surveying employees about the tools and process satisfaction is a great idea. We will pass your feedback to the team!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 5, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome SDR org. Should be top of every aspiring SDR's list!

Cons

none. Great place to start your sales career

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Fine but old-school

Jun 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of super smart and kind people who are always generous with their time and courteous in responding to requests. You are given high levels of autonomy to do your work.

Cons

The leadership is an old-boys' club of men (and a few women) who all come from legacy tech and seem to have worked together in the past. They all seem to be fine folks, but their approaches are outdated and the silo walls between teams are high. Corporate comms are slick and produced, but we learn precious little about what is going on from them. Knowing what is *actually* going, is mostly a matter of DMing around until you find someone who maybe knows *something*. As an employer, CrowdStrike is simply not competitive with other tech companies. Even most decent startups offer more in the way of benefits, comp, and overall employee experience. I think the people that stick around do so because they really care about the cybersecurity space and they are well-connected enough to have been given a comfortable perch where they just focus on their own narrow remit. Of course, security lends itself to a privacy-focused stance, but the level of secrecy and non-communication creates a situation where the left hand has no idea what the right hand if doing and there is constant duplication of effort. As Peter Drucker said, "Culture eats strategy for breakfast." I, unfortunately, think that this company's culture will make it easy for some young upstart to come and eat CrowdStrike's lunch.

11 people found this review helpful

CrowdStrike Response

Thank you for thee positive feedback on our people and the autonomy you have working here. We appreciate your recommendations on scaling our communications as we continue to grow - we will make sure to pass your feedback to the team!

Discover more reviews about CrowdStrike.

CrowdStrike Photos