Crowe Horwath - Over all a good company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Crowe Horwath

"Over all a good company to work for."

Former Employee - Property Tax Paraprofessional in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Property Tax Paraprofessional in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, worked with nice people

Cons

no work-life balance, was not treated like a professional adult, worked crazy hours and no recognition or thank you for a job well done.

Advice to Management

I was promoted to a new position and within 10 months my manager decided to resign. It was decided by the Partners that all the work be transitioned to the corporate office. After 10 years of hard work for the company, my new position was eliminated. Another position within the firm could not be found for me. With the way technology is today, I find it hard to believe that nothing could be found for me working remotely with another office. I was a hard working and dedicated employee. I felt very un-appreciated for my efforts. It was shocking and very hurtful.

Other Employee Reviews for Crowe Horwath

1. "Assurance Intern"

Pros

Great people and learned a lot from each one of them. Very challenging experience that has helped me professionally over the years.

Cons

The economy was poor and therefore work was limited at times. Very grateful for Crowe for honoring the internship when other firms canceled internships.

"Political Landmine."

I worked at Crowe Horwath full-time

Pros

Benefits are very competitive, as is PTO. Employees are given all of the technology necessary to do their jobs well.

Cons

Very political - advancement, raises, and bonuses are directly tied to if you are part of the "club" vs. your abilities and contributions. Lack of direction at the Divisional Leadership level leads to dissatisfied employees, but those who speak up with ideas to streamline or improve processes are targeted and labeled as difficult. Make no mistake, these folks end up with their jobs being "eliminated" rather than anything productive being done.

Advice to Management

Top leadership needs to get involved, find out what is going on culturally at the lower and mid-levles and make these "rogue" Divisional Leaders accountable for improvements and keeping A players challenged. Stop accepting the culture of mediocrity, as this could be a good firm if the culture is rehabilitated.