Cryptic Studios - Love Cryptic | Glassdoor

"Love Cryptic"

Pros

Great group of guys and very nice environment. They have been good about not crunching us too much. It is nice sized in that it is small enough to still have a big impact but large enough to be stable and have a few perks.

Cons

The only reason I left Cryptic was because I could get more money elsewhere. I still miss working at Cryptic and if they could pay more I would probably go back.

Other Employee Reviews for Cryptic Studios

"Awesome co-workers, vague direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Cryptic Studios full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting people to work with. Flexible hours. Good health insurance. Dog friendly office. Cool IPs to work on. Powerful and flexible game editor for content design--one of the best I've seen.

Cons

Disorganized. Management constantly changing & constantly changing their minds. The company cares a great deal about creativity, but puts almost no value on management skills. This ends up creating extra work and plenty of false starts. Also poor on communication. Low end of the salary range.

"I enjoyed my time in several departments and would work there again, if it weren't for being in CA."

Former Employee - Network Operations Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Network Operations Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Cryptic Studios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, great culture, felt like family, promotes from within, excellent industry perks, accessible management

Cons

Typical game dev volatility, shifts in executive management over the course of time there, location, occasionally volatile personality conflicts.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback, and keep making people feel like they matter. Always be honest with employees about outlooks and performance.