Crystal Equation - Challenging in a good way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Crystal Equation

"Challenging in a good way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Pros

People - very team oriented, Rewarding

Cons

Sometimes long hours and it is hard work

Advice to Management

Always remember that it is the team that gets us there not just an individual. Crystal does that now and I hope that continues

Other Employee Reviews for Crystal Equation

1. "Supportive Team and Management"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Crystal Equation full-time

Pros

Working with a very supportive team and management makes me feel there's no task that is impossible to accomplish!

Cons

Some recruiting processes/guidelines can still be improved/reinforced (especially during training) to make sure everyone is on the same page, deciding on things objectively and based on a hard steady rule.

Advice to Management

CE Recruiting Process/Policy Manual, perhaps! :)

2. "Workplace Mobbing (PH)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Pros

-Very good compensation.
    -The management in the US are very nice and supportive of our work here offshore.

Cons

-If you are planning on working at the Philippines site, better get ready for some rampant workplace bullying and mobbing. A team lead already left in the past as a result of being a target. Others members lost morale and went below performance level or even left without notice.
    -A bully enlists co-workers to collude in a relentless campaign of psychological terror against a hapless target through rumor, innuendo, intimidation, humiliation, discrediting, and isolation.
    -Try to conform with them as much as possible. Any hint that you're different and fall out of their standards will get you isolated, discredited, humiliated, and be subject to gossiping.
    -If "the bully" puts you in the spotlight for everyone to laugh at, do not laugh with them as everyone will keep on with that routine for a long time since its "okay". You will lose your credibility this way (even as a Lead) because the name calling and "jokes" that you should be able to take will keep on piling on. But do not fight back or try to tell them that It's not nice to make a person the group's laughingstock because they will take this as you "not-being-able-to-take-a-joke". And this again leads to gossiping and isolation.

Advice to Management

Identify who the Ringleader is and do something about it. It is possible to stop workplace mobbing if no one starts it or makes it a habit. You can easily ask anyone in the PHsite who the biggest bully is. They'd know. You will lose very good rookies this way if it does not stop.

Crystal Equation Response

Oct 20, 2017 – Creative Director

This is exactly why feedback is so critical in our environment. Following the post, we met with our Philippines partner and took care of this situation. We continue to support our team in the... More