CubeSmart - Going from Good to Great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CubeSmart

"Going from Good to Great."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked here since the transition from Cleveland to Malvern (through Wayne). I can honestly say that the company is committed to be a better place to work. Admittedly, I've witnessed the company go through hard times, and even agree that some of the reviews here were true just a few years ago, but the company has changed since then. The WOW! culture is taking hold (with still a few failings here and there), the leadership team realizes there are problems and is committed to working on them. People manager training is being implemented across the company. A new strategic HR department is investing in talent development and revamping our performance management process. All in all, most of the people in the corporate office have a very positive attitude and are great to work with. I enjoy working here.

Cons

There's still a few bastions of negativity within the company, but as the new performance management / talent development plans take hold, i expect that they'll be identified and retrained before long.

For a corporate office, the benefits leave much to be desired. Healthcare and tuition reimbursement do not go far enough.

Advice to Management

Continue listening for problems and take a direct approach to fix them. Embrace the awkward conversations and invest in the people managers. I think everyone would agree that all Teammates deserve a good place to work.

CubeSmart Response

Jul 3, 2014 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments as it helps us to create an even better workplace for all of our teammates. We believe in fostering a friendly ... More

Other Employee Reviews for CubeSmart

"Great working environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at CubeSmart full-time

Pros

Company pays about 80% of employee benefits. Employees are smart and forward thinking. Salary is competitive and corporate employees receive an annual bonus.

Cons

Although the company is growing, upward mobility is limited. Vacation is minimal (2 weeks) and there is a 6 month waiting period before being able to use your vacation/sick time.

Advice to Management

Take a management development course.

CubeSmart Response

Mar 20, 2014 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments! We value our teammates and enjoy providing rewards such as competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, and great benefits such as wellness programs and paid holidays and ... More

"Challenging and rewarding company leading change in the self storage industry."

I have been working at CubeSmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is forward thinking. They are employee centric and are working to create a pipeline for talent identification, management training and a more defined path of advancement within the company for employees at all levels. They focus on customer service incorporating this into their corporate culture.

Cons

While the company is growing there are not a lot of positions that open which limit advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

There should be training courses to qualify for store level training and area manager positions. This would bring additional understanding of expectations and accountability to the employees while also achieving a national standard.