Culver's - Fun, fast-paced and hard work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Culver's

"Fun, fast-paced and hard work."

Former Employee - Front Supervisor in Appleton, WI
Former Employee - Front Supervisor in Appleton, WI

I worked at Culver's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People I worked with felt like family.
After working for about 4 years there as a cashier/dining attendant and night closer, I was finally (after about 2 years) promoted to a front supervisor. I made $6/hr and went to $8/hr for the supervisor position.
They were really flexible with me, I was able to call them if I was backed up on homework to change around shifts and I came back from college for holidays and would work a few days at a time.

Cons

I felt that putting in my hard work after 4 years of service, I should have been paid a bit better. Normally, I wouldn't feel this way but you found hearing through the grapevine that new employees who were related to management or more attractive were set up in a supervisor position right when they walked in the door, and paid far more than you. It was very disappointing; many employees ranted to management with nothing done about it. (One employee who worked there many more years who had never been promoted ranted to them and threatened to leave if they didn't do anything...she had to walk out the door and come back in after about 2 weeks for them to catch on and do something)
Management eventually got kicked around by new management who put some not very HR friendly views onto our staff (a bit sexist and racist). I had complained (once with tears in my eyes after something a manager did) and it seemed like he just got a slap on the wrist for degrading me. This is essentially why I left.
Procedures would change just as fast as the people walking in and out of our doors. Everybody in management always wanted to change something and make it their own.

Bottom line, this place was overall a good experience.This was a small town job and I expected there to be a lot of "tipping the scales" so-to-speak. Anywhere else in a bigger city would have probably been a 10/10! This company is good!

Advice to Management

I just think that the franchise should be more involved making sure that management is doing the right thing and not constantly enforcing and dropping new procedures.
There should be a process set in place for new procedures management tries to change constantly...maybe have a vote at our team meetings? It'd be nicer to have a bit of a say in things.
Have a process set in place for any HR related issues... I felt like with my issue that they just winged it and didn't allow me to know what the process was (when you get into a formal company they walk you through the process every step of the way!)

Other Employee Reviews for Culver's

"2nd Assistant"

Current Employee - Second Assistant in West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Second Assistant in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Culver's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great job if you want to work with people

Cons

The pay is low and the hours are long. Expect to work 6 or 7 days at least once a month. You also have to pay for all health insurance. It is slightly less expensive than buying it yourself, but only by a few dollars.

Advice to Management

Pay employees better and hire enough employees to cover all shifts

2. "Busy and fast paced but fun."

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Culver's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and exciting place to work.

Cons

Pay is not up to competion.

Advice to Management

Pay managment better to retain.