CustomInk - Great when you first start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk

"Great when you first start"

Former Employee - Satisfaction Assurance in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Satisfaction Assurance in McLean, VA

I worked at CustomInk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Breakfast every Monday free lunch every Friday!

Cons

If your in good with certain people you can advance quickly, if not they will find away to get rid you even if your productive.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring kids and grow up as a company!

Other Employee Reviews for CustomInk

"I need an adult!"

Current Employee - Satisfaction Assurance in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Satisfaction Assurance in McLean, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very casual work environment. Lots of meetings to check up on your progress toward hitting your targets.

Cons

Most of the people there are in their early to mid 20's - managers included. Lack of maturity and professionalism was a bit of a problem. I didn't really realize how much I'd miss those things until they were absent from the office. When problems arose, we didn't need a friend, we needed a leader - and there was none to be found.

Advice to Management

Find out how other companies hire, train, and release employees. There is a lot of information out there that CustomInk seems to be ignoring for the purposes of doing things "the CustomInk way". They are called industry standards for a reason.

2. "Truly Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at CustomInk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

relaxed environment, always changing, tons of future busines growth potential. The pay is decent, but the benefits (esp healthcare) are some of the best around for young single individuals. The organization tries really hard to keep in line with its core values.

Cons

Still in an emerging growth mode so a bit of disorganization in employee relations and structure/policy. The work/life balance was fantastic, until business growth moved faster than hiring. Most operational employees (bulk majority of the staff) work overtime >6 months out of the year. Nice for the paycheck, not so much for time to unwind.

Advice to Management

Focus on current team's potential, regardless of role in organization. Pay close attention to who is actually doing the work vs who is getting the credit. Most employees don't need constant pats on the back, but it wouldn't hurt.