CustomInk - Best job ever, hands down. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk

"Best job ever, hands down."

Current Employee - Expert Production Artist in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Expert Production Artist in McLean, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The people are amazing. I have come to find a family among my coworkers and my management. When you work here, you not only get to know your desk mate, but your entire team and management. You build a support system here. I've never had such a strong one until I worked here.
-The benefits are great! I have not heard a single person complain about the benefits themselves.
-The opportunities for personal growth are there. As an artist at the company, we have the latest software, constant training and workshops for our growth. I think that is EXTREMELY important.
-Also, getting to wear t-shirts and jeans to work is self explanatory.

Cons

-Growing pains. We keep growing and growing and with that comes small situations that are a nuisance.
-Disorganization. I have had a few instances where I have not known who to contact in HR (team development) for personal benefits questions and the like. I feel as if my emails and questions go unnoticed, not because they mean to ignore my requests, but simply that they are disorganized.
-Education assistance. As a current graduate student in my field, I wish there was more education assistance, even if that meant signing a contract to stay with Customink for a certain amount of time.

Advice to Management

The management is perfect. They might be young, but this is a relatively young company compared to many corporate giants. Their experience in the field, and at Customink, make them appropriate leaders, regardless of age. My advice is to keep up the great work, and keep providing opportunities to grow!

Other Employee Reviews for CustomInk

"Always striving to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Fantastic benefits - even expensive prescriptions and procedures are covered
    -generous personal leave - how many people do you know who are getting 3-5 weeks paid leave per year?
    -Friendly people - hiring is strict and thorough. Generally only good people working here
    -If something is wrong, they fix it. Leaders ask how to go from good to great, and they love suggestions for improvements.

Cons

-somewhat anti-intellectual culture at higher levels
    -tend to rely on "customInk-style" solutions to typical management problems. Another reviewer mentioned "it's called an industry standard for a reason" and I would agree with that; sometimes the right solution is something you need to do a little outside research to find.
    -if you hate change, working hard, or being challenged you'll have a rough time

Advice to Management

Our company has a unique and special vibe. Don't let that get in the way of learning from what other companies are doing right.

"Four Score and Six Years Ago"

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in McLean, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Likeminded people, young crowd, educated individuals, casual dress code, generous personal leave, free food, special treats

Cons

Desk job, same position can get monotonous after awhile, not a lot of growth opportunities, no standard salary increase from year to year or cost of living increase.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with the direction and growth of the company but there are many road blocks to moving up or out of certain departments.