CustomInk - Awesome company and people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CustomInk

"Awesome company and people"

Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Sales/Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best place I've ever worked

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Other Employee Reviews for CustomInk

"CustomInk is a great company"

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and perks of working for the company. Lots of fun events.

Cons

Pay, cost of living is more than pay. Management isn't very organized and doesn't communicate very well in sales service. Not a lot of support for growing within the company.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Getting Over Growing Pains"

I have been working at CustomInk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Office culture is casual, but sometimes deceptively so. You may wear flip flops to work but you're also expected to know your stuff and kick butt.

- Cultural traditions are prized, but never out-of-bounds for a reality check. As a result the culture has stayed pretty similar over the course of my time (from 200 employees to 1000+) or improved.

- 99.9% of people genuinely enjoy coming to the office. It's reflected in how people treat each other, and the dedication they put into their work.

- Compensation in ops roles is great if you're a recent grad (almost too good to leave), but level out over time.

- A truly open, honest, caring environment. I can honestly say I've never seen someone treated differently because of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or age.

- Benefits are stellar.

Cons

- The VAST majority of personalities are awesome, but a few sour apples have a large impact, and while upper management is aware, nothing substantive is done (or at least perception is as such).

- Two words: Peter. Principle. This is slowly being rectified as the company fleshes out roles.

- Most of the hires in ops roles are recent grads. Not having a non-CI work environment to set a standard means sometimes people feel entitled about little things (like snarky Wanna-be-Yelp-reviewers of the free lunches), or don't know how to respond in a "grown-up" way to the challenges/expectations set upon them.

Finally, this is more of a mix than a con. I saw other reviewers say that they feel it's hard to move upwards in the company. This is very true as often roles are super competitive. However, the people who succeed are ones who put their necks out and make their own opportunities. Lots of Inkers seem to feel that simply being good at their current job warrants moving up or out of their departments. Managers are looking for people who are looking to move towards something specific, not just away from their current roles.

Advice to Management

Remember to constantly check yourself and understand the nuances of where we are in 2014 vs. 2010 vs. 2006 vs. 2001 as a company. Other than that, keep on keepin' on.