Cvent - A great window into an entrepreneurial world | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

"A great window into an entrepreneurial world"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being with Cvent for more than five years, I can say that I've seen teams grow from three people to 20. It's rare to work at a place where there is so much energy, growth, opportunities. I've graduated college with a knowledge set that has expanded beyond what I've expected. I really learned a lot, not just about marketing, but about business development, and it's all from very transparent senior management. Working with CEO on monthly basis for a lot of different creative projects really makes you understand what it is that Cvent's team try to accomplish. It's challenging, but fun at the same time. I have opportunity to do things by new sets of rules, travel to other international offices, mentor a team of very creative people and help hire great talents. I'm always busy with different, big projects that change yearly, I've never felt bored with what I'm doing and I hope to keep doing it for very long time.

Cons

Some pains with hyper-growth, sometimes no time for details to be ironed out on projects. Challenges with office space. More time has to go to training new employees and reorganizing projects, which reflects on efficiency and productivity. A two year bond is not necessary anymore, I wish it was dropped.

Advice to Management

Listening to new ideas from new/old hires. Uniting different teams to work together. Exchanging ideas between different management teams, and more management training. Focusing on Cvent's message and general purpose in industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Cvent

"Strong growing successful company"

Pros

Public company, financially sound, voted top place to work, continued success, young environment, high standards of excellence with employees driven to succeed.

Cons

inter-department communication could be better. middle management lacks experience (but is getting better) company organization could be better, working remotely isn't an option.

"Good experience but..."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Cvent full-time

Pros

Young employees, great hands on sale training and experience.

Cons

Management and senior sales create a "boys club" environment that can be unprofessional and hard to work with.