Cvent - The greatest learning experience you could ask for | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

"The greatest learning experience you could ask for"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Marketing Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth, even if you are just starting your career.

Work hard, and you will be recognized for it

A culture that is easy to fit into and fun to be a part of

Job security is high because the company is doing so well financially

You get to wear many hats with the job, creating a great learning experience and ensuring you are a viable candidate for any other company in your future.

Great office location, right in the middle of Tysons Corner

Many opportunities to travel, especially to our other offices around the world

Free benefits! Pay nothing for a great healthcare and dental plan

Events outside of the workplace make it fun - a huge holiday party every year, a free company trip to Kings Dominion, on top of multiple happy hours and fundraising events throughout the year

Cons

Definitely not for the lazy, you will have to work very hard as there is a lot to do

Many federal holidays we are expected to be in the office

Advice to Management

Need more decision makers at a director level across all divisions of the company so that everything does not have to be decided on by senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Cvent

1. "Sales exec"

Pros

Very structured and thorough process.

Cons

Time consuming, it took so long.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Weeds out the weak.

"A great window into an entrepreneurial world"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being with Cvent for more than five years, I can say that I've seen teams grow from three people to 20. It's rare to work at a place where there is so much energy, growth, opportunities. I've graduated college with a knowledge set that has expanded beyond what I've expected. I really learned a lot, not just about marketing, but about business development, and it's all from very transparent senior management. Working with CEO on monthly basis for a lot of different creative projects really makes you understand what it is that Cvent's team try to accomplish. It's challenging, but fun at the same time. I have opportunity to do things by new sets of rules, travel to other international offices, mentor a team of very creative people and help hire great talents. I'm always busy with different, big projects that change yearly, I've never felt bored with what I'm doing and I hope to keep doing it for very long time.

Cons

Some pains with hyper-growth, sometimes no time for details to be ironed out on projects. Challenges with office space. More time has to go to training new employees and reorganizing projects, which reflects on efficiency and productivity. A two year bond is not necessary anymore, I wish it was dropped.

Advice to Management

Listening to new ideas from new/old hires. Uniting different teams to work together. Exchanging ideas between different management teams, and more management training. Focusing on Cvent's message and general purpose in industry.