Cvent - The greatest learning experience you could ask for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

"The greatest learning experience you could ask for"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Marketing Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth, even if you are just starting your career.

Work hard, and you will be recognized for it

A culture that is easy to fit into and fun to be a part of

Job security is high because the company is doing so well financially

You get to wear many hats with the job, creating a great learning experience and ensuring you are a viable candidate for any other company in your future.

Great office location, right in the middle of Tysons Corner

Many opportunities to travel, especially to our other offices around the world

Free benefits! Pay nothing for a great healthcare and dental plan

Events outside of the workplace make it fun - a huge holiday party every year, a free company trip to Kings Dominion, on top of multiple happy hours and fundraising events throughout the year

Cons

Definitely not for the lazy, you will have to work very hard as there is a lot to do

Many federal holidays we are expected to be in the office

Advice to Management

Need more decision makers at a director level across all divisions of the company so that everything does not have to be decided on by senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Cvent

"A great window into an entrepreneurial world"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being with Cvent for more than five years, I can say that I've seen teams grow from three people to 20. It's rare to work at a place where there is so much energy, growth, opportunities. I've graduated college with a knowledge set that has expanded beyond what I've expected. I really learned a lot, not just about marketing, but about business development, and it's all from very transparent senior management. Working with CEO on monthly basis for a lot of different creative projects really makes you understand what it is that Cvent's team try to accomplish. It's challenging, but fun at the same time. I have opportunity to do things by new sets of rules, travel to other international offices, mentor a team of very creative people and help hire great talents. I'm always busy with different, big projects that change yearly, I've never felt bored with what I'm doing and I hope to keep doing it for very long time.

Cons

Some pains with hyper-growth, sometimes no time for details to be ironed out on projects. Challenges with office space. More time has to go to training new employees and reorganizing projects, which reflects on efficiency and productivity. A two year bond is not necessary anymore, I wish it was dropped.

Advice to Management

Listening to new ideas from new/old hires. Uniting different teams to work together. Exchanging ideas between different management teams, and more management training. Focusing on Cvent's message and general purpose in industry.

"Land of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A lot of companies promise career growth and exciting opportunities, but very few deliver like Cvent. I've been with the company for 8 years and have been a part of so many once in life time career opportunities: taking the company public, developing and launching new products, acquiring new companies and product lines, traveling the world and opening up new offices around the globe. Those are just some of the highlights I've experienced here and the best part is, there is plenty more to come as we take the company into our next growth phase. You will not be a "cog in a wheel" here. For the driven professional, this is truly the land of opportunity.

Cvent is a mission focused company yet the best part about it are the people. Senior management is super smart, they work tirelessly and have established an awesome family vibe for the company. Saying we have an "open door policy" sounds too formal, because most of senior management sits in the pods with their employees and it's just a way of life around here to be transparent and available. I have learned so much from this leadership team.

Contributing to the explosive growth of this company is something that drives me and my coworkers. Working with such carefully selected, smart and passionate people is truly an honor and once you get here, you understand and appreciate the unique Cvent DNA we have created. In short, we work hard and have an awesome time doing it.

Cons

- Surrounded by high performers, those without passion and drive will not do as well here.
    - We are anxiously awaiting the metro stop, right outside of the office

Advice to Management

As the organization grows, continue the focus on human capital so we maintain our awesome company culture!