Cvent - Voted Best Place to Work in DC for a reason | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cvent

"Voted Best Place to Work in DC for a reason"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cvent is an incredible place to start your career. I have had an incredible experience learning, growing, and building a career.
- Culture. Cvent is made up of a group of good, intelligent, fun people coming in to do their best everyday. The culture at Cvent truly is special and lends itself to strong relationships forming between colleagues. It really is a "Work hard, Play hard" environment.
- Growth. Cvent is rapidly growing, which leads to more opportunities and more experiences within the company.
- Travel. Cvent has offices across the globe and provides opportunities for travel between those offices to carry the culture we work hard to maintain.
- Management. The leaders of Cvent really care about their employees. There is really an open door policy.
-Events. Cvent works hard to understand the wants of the employees and deliver. Events like the company holiday party, happy hours, incentives are great.
- Training. Cvent puts you through a 6 week training program when starting an entry level position. It shows they are investing in you and the future of the company.

Cons

Cvent has created an environment that encourages going above and beyond. If you do not find yourself being self-motivating or going the extra mile then Cvent may not be a good fit. I love that environment, but that may be a con for those who feel differently.
- The pay could match the effort a little bit better, but overall if you like what yo are doing like me it is not the worst thing.
- A few more holidays would be nice.
- Since the company is growing fast- there can be times where management does not have a clear answer for next steps (i.e. working through an acquisition can be challenging).

Overall- Every company has pros and cons and Cvent works hard to improve the cons which speaks volumes.

Advice to Management

You rock. I appreciate your openness to take criticism and take the opinions of others the heart. Continue to lead with energy, confidence, and candor. I have faith in Cvent, because we have a strong management team supporting us.

Other Employee Reviews for Cvent

1. "Fantastic organization and an incredible place to launch your career"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing work culture, great benefits, senior management is very accessible, incredible travel opportunities (work travel could take you to nearly every continent in the world), smart and hardworking coworkers, innovative, top of the industry, many options to grow or transfer internally, casual dress, lots of fun activities outside of work (paintball, happy hours, incentive trips, cookouts, athletic teams, etc).

**Cvent promotes an atmosphere that rewards those who work hard. If you're looking for a standard 9-5 job, which doesn't ask you to push beyond the status quo, then Cvent is probably not a good fit for you. Cvent has grown so much over the years for a reason, which is a combination of smart people and lots and lots of hard work. If you're an ambitious person that's anxious to work hard, then the sky is the limit with Cvent.

Cons

For those with 3+ years SAAS sales experience, it's tough for them to match what you could be paid elsewhere, but many of the other perks make up for this.

Advice to Management

You're on the right track, and many of the negatives people have pointed out will work themselves out as the organization continues to grow. Despite no longer being an employee, I'm cheering from the sidelines.

2. "Good place to build a career"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, young and energetic workforce, fun colleagues, management with good leadership skills and direction, growing company, opportunities for advancement, good training and development for sales people, not a lot of layers of managers

Cons

long work days, no 401K match, repetive daily duties, very metrics-driven to monitor productivity, a lot of people who have been here for 2-3 years find opportunity elsewhere that would pay them more money

Advice to Management

Match 401K's. Older people don't choose to work her for this reason.