Cyberonics - Short Term Job with Good Compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cyberonics

"Short Term Job with Good Compensation"

Current Employee - Therapeutic Consultant
Current Employee - Therapeutic Consultant

Pros

Money, good salaries(average 75K-80K) and bonus is quarterly ranging from about 20-25K per quarter.

Cons

Layoffs, turnover, company future uncertain. No one in management will look out for you. Top performers are laid off all of the time. They promote who they like, not necessarily the best person for the job.

Advice to Management

Invest in R & D. This is a one product company with patent issues coming up in the next couple of years. Also, stop changing the comp plan all of the time and set realistic quotas.

Other Employee Reviews for Cyberonics

1. "Denial Management Consulting"

Former Contractor - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Cyberonics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company I have an excellent contact who managed the project.

Cons

No cons I helped with denial management training and they seem committed to internal promotion, when possible.

Advice to Management

Internal promotion is great and management seems committed to training after the promotion. However, perhaps some training with down the road job growth would also be effective.

"Prima Donna attitudes in the field"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The Houston office is full of helpful, friendly people with above par administrative skills. They were always cordial and would go an extra mile to help you if necessary. The pay is good and the work-life flexibility balance aspect is exemplary.

Cons

Working in the field with 2 of 3 mid-managers with prima donna attitudes creates an environment of non-communication, miscommunication and distrust. Chastised for actually doing my job per spec by those 2 managers who should've but never reached out to me first and one of them would either have me wait longer than necessary to coordinate our efforts or not respond at all. This was typical as we all worked on a project with a deadline as exaggerated self-importance overruled common sense with a condescending arrogance.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to stress "working together" and timely responses to inquires during seasonal projects. Hard working contractors with a project completion deadline deserve to be treated with more respect and consideration in the field by middle management prima donnas.