Cyberonics - I Love Cyberonics | Glassdoor

"I Love Cyberonics"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cyberonics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of camaraderie, paid time off, fun activities, a state-of-the art gym with a company paid trainer and evening workout activities often led by employees. We work hard and play hard. Many accolades. Plenty of projects and rewarding work to be done in every department. Great leadership including emerging leaders who are absolutely amazing us with their diversity projects each month. There is lots of growth opportunity if you want it and you are willing to work for it.

Cons

With so many talented and innovative people it's hard to do decide which direction we are going to go and keep everyone happy. It's a great problem to have, but keep the ideas coming anyway! There will always be more ideas than time or money to do them all. Our senior leadership has a lot of responsibility in selecting the right course for the company but they are doing an outstanding job.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. I have been here 16 years and each year keeps getting better for the company and employees with more seasoned management and an energized and optimistic workforce. Every year VPs are stretched to expand their own skills and knowledge and they expect the same from employees so that everyone is growing together. Continue to keep us all challenged. Continue to good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Cyberonics

"Very good place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cyberonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, Flexible work hours, company health initiatives

Cons

Less opportunity for personal growth, people don't like to use newer technologies

2. "Full time is the way to go"

Former Employee - Temp in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Temp in Houston, TX

I worked at Cyberonics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good culture and fulltime employees get NICE bonuses when goals are met.

Cons

Temps are hired directly by Cyberonics and are paid as houly fulltime employees. Temps do not get any benifits, no paid holidays or vacation nor do they share in bonuses.

Advice to Management

Temps who work full time should be included in the bonuses. Their effort counts too!