Cycle Gear - Not a bad job, not a great career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cycle Gear

"Not a bad job, not a great career"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Daytona Beach, FL
Former Employee - Key Holder in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

Great concept behind the companies morals. Good discounts, decent pay for the area. It was a fun environment to work in prior to several changes in management. We were almost a family of motorcyclists. As a company it is a well run company, the Daytona store, however has taken a turn for the worst.

Cons

Bennifits package wasn't all that great, I got the feeling that higher management (district and regional) didn't like the idea of someone with initiative. I worked here while going through college. When I graduated I was wanting to move up the chain of command and become assistant manager, then manage my own store and go corporate-the district manager thought ill of my intentions and wouldn't allow the promotion.

Advice to Management

Do not allow managers to hire their friends as assistants-specially when the friend has no management experience what so ever. Do not burn bridges with customers-word of mouth is intense and can make or break a company.

Other Employee Reviews for Cycle Gear

1. "It is a company that is changing the industry."

I have been working at Cycle Gear full-time

Pros

Great industry, great people as peers

Cons

Senior management structure is unstable and is unhelpful in achieving goals.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging.

2. "Retail is a revolving door business, and there are reasons why"

Former Employee - Sales and Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Sales and Merchandiser

I worked at Cycle Gear part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts on motorcycle parts and apparel do make a very nice incentive. If you are bike enthusiast then this is a job for you.

Cons

Empty promise and low pay. You hardly have any chance of pay raise or promotion if your not a full time employee, and lets be honest, who is taking this as full time job. If you are full time and do get promised something, make sure they dont start stringing you along.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your team leaders like crap, there's a reason you cant find people to stay in, even with high unemployment.