Cymer - Love It! | Glassdoor

"Love It!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cymer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture - Great focus on employees and their families. Multiple events are hosted each year to celebrate employees' hard work and bring people together. The company has a strong desire to give back to the community that is clearly shared by its employees with a ton of volunteer hours each year.

Management - They are genuinely interested in your career path and progress. They offer a guiding hand without micromanaging and hard work is definitely recognized and rewarded.

Coworkers - I really enjoy the people I work with in my department and at the company in general. Everyone is very nice and most are easy to work with to accomplish common goals.

Cons

Slow adoption to current software and hardware systems.

Other Employee Reviews for Cymer

"Not as rewarding as most would suspect."

I have been working at Cymer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is good. Everyone seems to enjoy the casual atmosphere.

Cons

Noticeable backstabbing among employees. Very obvious to visitors.

Advice to Management

Management should be more visible to employees, and not only at company events.

"Good experience, neat product that nobody has heard of"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer (Engineer III, Mechanical Design) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cymer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The machines are cutting edge, and it's possible to get some good hands-on experience in their labs. Cymer is a diverse place, the people are smart and there is a generally casual attitude (jeans are normal attire for engineers.) There are opportunities here if you are interested in management roles. Cymer tends to pay well.

Cons

Cymer (and ASML, the parent company) rushes their designs too much. The majority of the 'real' design roles have disappeared from Cymer, and are handled by ASML in the Netherlands. I wouldn't recommend Cymer for design engineering experience.

Advice to Management

Slow down and design a better product before sending it to customers. Thank you for paying your employees well.