Cynergy - I love this company | Glassdoor

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Technical Lead in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cynergy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is lots of freedom to get things done on my own and be a leader. Since we are a smaller company my contributions are noticed AND APPRECIATED. We are light on management, they don't get in your way, and your day is not full of meetings. The amount of transparency at the company is beyond anything I have experienced previously and sets the bar for what it should be going forward. I work with lots of smart people who are willing to share knowledge in areas I am not as strong in. We get rid of under-performers - this is huge to me - I don't have to work with someone who isn't pulling their weight. We love to have fun, the company encourages a culture of fun. Its a great fit for me.

Cons

Your projects and what you are working on can change quickly - I don't really see this as a bad thing as it keeps you interested and learning new things, but if you like the same thing every day for the long term, this might be more of an issue for you.

Advice to Management

Make some Cynergy jackets for us and some more shirts!

Other Employee Reviews for Cynergy

"Challenging & Exciting Place to Be"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Cynergy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Cynergy pulls the best from you. Everybody is on their 'A' game, and is driven to produce the best they can. If you want to stay at the leading edge of the industry there's no place else to be. The company engenders a family atmosphere that is supportive and invigorating.

This is the first place I've been where the conversation over drinks isn't all complaints about work. Rather, it's all about the cool stuff you're doing, and what we're going to be jumping into next.

Cons

Working with Cynergy almost becomes a lifestyle. It's demanding of your time and requires a lot of devotion. As a growing company it has moments where the pains of increasing size can be felt, but the executive team is mature and those moments are quickly resolved.

Advice to Management

Going forward, I'd recommend working within each group to outline a path for career growth.

"Extremely volatile work environment"

Former Employee - Interactive Designer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Interactive Designer in Washington, DC

I worked at Cynergy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flat organization, highly skilled professionals, multiple collaboration opportunities.

Cons

There is a lack of acknowledgement of issues with the communication channels. Poor management skills combined with very poor talent management.

Advice to Management

Be more professional in your approach towards professionals. Expect to provide support to your team members if you expect quality work to appear. Be mature.