D+H - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at D+H full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, Flexibility, Nice and Hardworking colleagues

Cons

More responsibility beyond your job description and No control over your career.

Advice to Management

Start peer reviewing to get better idea of an employee.

Other Employee Reviews for D+H

"Challenging - but on the absolute cutting edge"

Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cloud Computing Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at D+H full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work hard, but am well paid and very appreciated for what I do. When you get things done, the clients and other employees truly appreciate you. I work on the latest technology and cloud computing platform (specifically for the banking industry). I love what I do. I came from a company where the quality of service delivery was second to revenue, Compushare isn't like this. They really want the best for their clients, and this makes me happy with my job.

Cons

I can see how some people in the company, particularly if they're working with legacy clients (non-cloud) could get discouraged. A small percentage of field engineers get an opportunity to move into the cloud hosting space (the cream rising to the top). If you were in this position, I can easily see how the hours and stress would lead to dissatisfaction with the job. My advice to anyone in that position is to work hard, and constantly ask for a move to the cloud computing side.

Advice to Management

My manager(s) are good, and Romir's leadership is solid. I've learned a ton and plan on staying here for a long while. The only advice I'd share is to further encourage a work-life balance (it's better now, but 70 hours a week was not uncommon for me for the first year).

2. "Small Company Feel, Great Location"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC

Pros

Small employee volume, very hands-on approach to problem solving and analysis. Great team chemistry and fantastic locale, right in downtown Charleston.

Cons

Software technology is sorely out of date (classic ASP), no Object Oriented Programming methodologies. Code redundancies on every page (tons of in-line SQL). While on par (if not better) than industry competition, still years behind normal coding procedures.

Working 40hr weeks is the minimum, often times nights and weekends are mandatory. Company management often lacks proper team communication. Often pays more in "sunshine" than $$$.

Advice to Management

Pony up and pay to keep the best talent in-house. Rewrite entire software architecture to conform to modern standards, allowing developers to implement new code rather than constantly fixing bugs.