D2L - What a joke!!! | Glassdoor

"What a joke!!!"

I worked at D2L

Pros

A cool building if that's what drives you. You can own a 100k car but if the engine does not work - it becomes worthless!!!

Cons

Extremely poor benefits and compensation plan. Family run business units within the company - speaks volumes. There is a "HUGE" issue with communication between leadership, management and employees. False promises from the day you start - sold a bill of goods. Lack of decision making ability from management and leadership. Does not give proper recognition for the people who actually do all the work. If you decide to take a position at D2L, please keep your resume updated and have your head checked.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all management and hire an outside firm restructure the organization.

D2L2013-08-28

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at D2L full-time for more than a year

Pros

I left a job with 20 years tenure to work for D2L and a year later I am so happy I made the move. What I love so much about D2L is that I am trusted as an employee to approach my clients in the way I feel is best for them but I also have the luxury to fall back on my management team if I run into challenges. My colleagues and my manager are always so supportive and helpful. It makes my work so enjoyable! What's not to love!

Cons

Being a remote employee I don't get to participate in Cake Day! I'll survive but it does hurt.

Advice to Management

I love feeling like I am part of something special. Keep up the inclusiveness.

D2L2019-11-08
  2. "Culture and Pride of Work"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at D2L full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very collaborative work environment with little egos. Level of work has huge impact on our customers/learners and how we digitally change how education is consumed. Leadership is solid and takes time to educate and mentor teams/employees.

Cons

A bit of travel and always too much work to do and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep educating and taking the time to explain the "why" behind strategic decisions.

D2L2019-09-26

Discover more reviews about D2L.