DACCO - good place to start out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DACCO

"good place to start out"

Current Employee - Counselor in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Counselor in Tampa, FL

Pros

flexible hours, easy going staff

Cons

low pay, few opportunities for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for DACCO

1. "Teacher"

Pros

Family and children were awesome to work with. Loved the relationships that were built. Loved teaching these special children! Great staff support. Great schedule. Liked leaning everyday with the kids.

Cons

I loved the children and families. Some were very challenging, but it taught me a lot. Worked a lot at home on weekends and nights.

2. "Run,Run, Run"

I have been working at DACCO full-time

Pros

Positives, this place will make you resilient! You will b able to Handle anything handed to you. Other than that, all I've gained is weight, anxiety, & depression from the stress.

Cons

Do you want to feel like you work in a political schoolyard playground every day, enjoy hearing about peeing matches between upper management & see nothing ever getting done because of it, wanna see your friends & coworkers fly out the doors like a heard of cattle and not know anyone around you in a few months? Then you've come to the right place! As Trump would say, "Like Hillary Clinton, just because she has experience doesn't mean it's good experience (that's what you'll leave here with.) Haha
     Upper Management coulda gave a Rats Behind if you were breaking your back to get everything done , no appreciation in that place. We can't do our jobs well because All we get told is that the CEO wants is for us to keep the beds full and the money flowing, who cares about Ethics or holding my clients accountable when they break the rules. I get you're running a daycare ..I mean a business..but when I have to start questioning my ethical choices forced down upon me from management then that's when it's time to go.
    Come here to get experience (bad experience) after school then run like the wind!

There's good people here who really care. If you 'cleared out the old swamp' (majority of management, everyone else higher up that's been here way too long, AND the CEO) that place MAY just have a chance. Everybody knows it but can't say it.
    Good luck!

Advice to Management

Find the soul you sold to the devil & start caring again. Fight for something good, fight the establishment, remember why we go into this field!
    There's got to be a balance between keeping the money flowing while holding our clients accountable...there just has to be! So frustrating.