1. "Great start to a career in community organizing!"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Associate Organizer in Tampa, FL

I worked at DART Center full-time

Pros

Help people build power in their community work for social justice

Cons

Long hours Bureaucratic issues with central staff

DART Center Response

October 28, 2020Assistant Recruitment Director

Happy to see that you found building power in the community for social justice to be such a meaningful role to play. We appreciate your feedback and continue to work with our Lead Organizers and DART training staff to make sure new Associate Organizers are encouraged to set good habits and work/life boundaries from the start.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Living into my values: Solidarity, justice, community"

5.0
    Current Employee - Lead Organizer

I have been working at DART Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at two different DART affiliates has been a blessing to me. I get to live out my values each and every day and have built really meaningful relationships with community members as well as other organizers across the country. I have been a part of getting real results and see the world improving around me. I am really honored to be involved in this work.

Cons

Some campaigns take years to win so you'll want to go in knowing that you're going to take some hard hits along the way but that it's worth it.

DART Center Response

June 11, 2020Recruitment Director

Thank you for sharing. We certainly plan to continue listening, and evolving.

2. "Amazing Organizers, Toxic Culture, “Laid off” after speaking up about toxic culture"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Associate Organizing Representative

I worked at DART Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary for an organizing job, lots of training, coalition for black organizers

Cons

Still capitalistic in work culture and expectations, they say justice is the bottom line, but really it’s money and justice is the path, CEO does not respond well to criticism and has been known to say racially offensive things, the JUST started a sexual harassment policy in 2019 after being around for almost 20 years, Bottom line in my class only 3 organizers are left out of 9.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about DART Center.