DATEL Software Solutions - Worst job of my life - RUN, don't walk from this place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DATEL Software Solutions

"Worst job of my life - RUN, don't walk from this place!"

I worked at DATEL Software Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one pro to put here - using up the 20 word minimum

Cons

Owner likes to scream at the employees.
ZERO sick days
Two feet of snow - you better not be one minute late for work!
Average turnover time is less than two months
Shoddy filthy equipment given to do your job with
Be prepared to bring your own pens, pencils, and even an extension cord from home to power your cubicle!
Owner withholds 15% of your pay, gives it to you quarterly and calls it a "bonus"
Nowhere really to go in the company

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better if you want your company to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for DATEL Software Solutions

1. "A progressive small company"

I worked at DATEL Software Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company offers an opportunity to learn and advance in an environment much less intimidating than a large company. I was there for five years and only left for 'lifestyle' reasons (I retired!) Offers outstanding benefits in the small company category: 401K, great health insurance, vacation, more. Great leadership, family owned.

Cons

You may find it a con or exactly what you are looking for: a fast paced software delivery environment in an industry that changes daily. Employees ware a number of hats in small companies enabling you to gain experience across a broad spectrum, or possibly take you out of your comfort zone.

2. "Great company to learn new technologies"

Former Employee - Software Specialist in Wexford, PA
    Former Employee - Software Specialist in Wexford, PA

I worked at DATEL Software Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I found Datel to be an overall positive experience. Because it has a smaller workforce, you get to experience a lot of different areas of the business. You become an integral part of the team from day 1. This allows for a much faster learning curve and exposes you to different technologies and types of customers. You can find yourself working with and end user one day, IT Director the next, and the CEO another day. It really helps you grow your professional experience. And the biggest Pro is the team itself. Everyone works together and it is a laid back office environment. It is not uncommon to see a game of darts, 80's Nintendo games or a nerf gun battle.

Cons

Because a lot of the positions require being on the phone with customers, work from home was limited. Things tend to move fast, so there can be a lot of tasks and responsibility for one person. If you are looking for the same thing day to day, this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Try to set individual and team goals each year. Working in support can be a thankless job sometimes so knowing you are meeting or exceeding internal goals helps with the overall morale.