DATEL Software Solutions - Worst job of my life - RUN, don't walk from this place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DATEL Software Solutions

"Worst job of my life - RUN, don't walk from this place!"

I worked at DATEL Software Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one pro to put here - using up the 20 word minimum

Cons

Owner likes to scream at the employees.
ZERO sick days
Two feet of snow - you better not be one minute late for work!
Average turnover time is less than two months
Shoddy filthy equipment given to do your job with
Be prepared to bring your own pens, pencils, and even an extension cord from home to power your cubicle!
Owner withholds 15% of your pay, gives it to you quarterly and calls it a "bonus"
Nowhere really to go in the company

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better if you want your company to succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for DATEL Software Solutions

1. "Excellent place to work - strongly recommend"

Current Employee - Software Implementation, Software Technician in Wexford, PA
    Current Employee - Software Implementation, Software Technician in Wexford, PA

I have been working at DATEL Software Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at DATEL for 10 plus years. I've held numerous roles within the company. My experience is that all employees have always been treated fairly, professionally and with dignity. If you do your job, you are rewarded both financially and with new career opportunities. If you are just showing up to collect a paycheck, that quickly becomes apparent to both management and co-workers and you are asked to move along since you are not a good fit. The products are innovative and the market we serve is dynamic. If you are looking for a fast pace environment with room to professionally develop, please contact DATEL and we would love to talk to you.

Cons

I suppose if you are looking to just collect a paycheck and do the very minimum, this is not a place to you. You will quickly find that you do not fit. Good employees excel at DATEL. Not so good employees wash out.

Advice to Management

Really, just keep doing what you are doing. As a long time employee, I appreciate the opportunities, both financially and other wise, that have been afforded to me.

2. "Datel managment is unlike anything I have ever seen before - unbelievable!"

I worked at DATEL Software Solutions full-time

Pros

There is not a single pro to working at this company, especially if you are female!

Cons

There are two massive problems at this company: the software and the owner Dan.

--the software doesn't work which results in multiple calls from upset customers
    --the owner Dan is a bully with serious anger management issues

The software seems to break daily which in some cases will take down a company's phone system. The same customers call almost daily with the same issues over and over again. Support restarts the services and the product will work for maybe another day or two, until it breaks again. The customers I had to deal with were extremely irate. It's very difficult to work in this environment and try to appease these customers who have every right to be upset.

The owner Dan is a bully who often screams at his employees. Shortly after being hired, I attended a company picnic where we all played a round of golf. At the end of the game when Dan found out he lost, he took his golf club and flung it out on the highway, right there in front of all of his employees. Then he went and pouted in the corner of our pavillion like a child. I had never seen a boss act like this before, and right there I knew I had to find a new job asap!

The pay is very low, and this is the only company that I have ever worked at that didn't offer ANY sick days. if you get sick, you have to use your vacation. Same with appointments. If you need to leave at 3:30 for a doctor appointment, expect to lose half a vacation day for it! You can also expect to work late on occasion and not be paid or comped for that time.

Advice to Management

It's been several years since I worked at Datel, but by reading the other reviews, I see the same behaviors have continued and even gotten worse. Time to shut this place down or get Dan into some much needed anger management classes. I am very surprised the company hasn't been sued yet!