DB Consulting Group - Wonderful place to do good AND do well | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DB Consulting Group

"Wonderful place to do good AND do well"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Silver Spring, MD
Former Employee - Program Manager in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

Pros: DB offers a very rare opportunity to do public interest work in the private sector. It was an amazing privilege to be able to work on behalf of residents in inner-city housing projects, while having all of the resources of a top of the line private consulting firm. Also, the firm is easily the most diverse place I've ever worked, and one of the most welcoming to parents with children. It is normal and expected to see children in the office after school, on school vacations, etc, there to visit their parents or grandparents.

Cons

There were two primary cons that I could see. First, DB is a privately held, family owned company owned by a Father and Son. Although the firm is very professional overall, there was occasional tension in the leadership that seemed related more to family issues than business concerns. That said, unless you are in the top layer of management, it wasn't anything you'd notice on a daily basis. Also, HR administration was absolutely terrible, especially when it came to hiring. Once I actually got there, my boss and team were amazing -- but I nearly quit before I even started because I had such a bad impression of the company from its hiring process (or lack thereof). The best advice I can give to newcomers is to stick it out, take the hiring process with a grain of salt, and do your best to keep in touch with the person who will actually be your manager so you can keep your motivation up to work for the company.

Advice to Management

Other than what I described above, I don't really have any. This is a wonderful place to work. The people are very smart and hard working, and DB truly offers an unparalleled opportunity to do public interest work in a private sector setting. It is absolutely the best of both worlds. If my spouse had not gotten a job in another city, it's hard for me to imagine I ever would have wanted to leave.

Other Employee Reviews for DB Consulting Group

1. "Decent Company"

Pros

decent pay, flexibility, location, you have some autonomy

Cons

not much room for advancement

2. "Hard to Say"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Stennis Space Center, MS
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Stennis Space Center, MS

I worked at DB Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great Salary, Great Benefits

Cons

One sided, not very open to the employee's side of the issue

Advice to Management

Before you judge, listen.