DB&A - Nothing but stellar | Glassdoor

"Nothing but stellar"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the orientation at home office to the teams at two projects, I have gained important knowledge and am learning our tools and methodology from their collective experiences. Also, it has been made very clear to me, both through individual communication and our recent annual meeting, that I am an important member of the DBA Family.

Cons

If you don't like to travel, have constant interaction with people or work well in a team environment, this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

The teams I have worked on thus far have been both knowledgeable and helpful in my continued personal growth.

Other Employee Reviews for DB&A

"Don't belive the negative reviews, they weren't the right fit."

I have been working at DB&A full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You need to be a road warrior, travel is required as a consultant. You spend a lot of time coaching managers on the job when you are working with clients. The company is making changes, lots of them. I was a manager who wanted a change and has a love of coaching and a analytical mind, this is the perfect job for me.

Cons

The conversations can be hard at times, so be ready to handle conflict.

Advice to Management

Continue with the changes, we appreciate it. Love the new training.

"The best thing for this company to do is to fire everyone and hire good, honest and professional people!"

Pros

You get to travel and see different industries and have plenty of stories about what to do, or what not to do while managing people. Out of all of the bad people in the company, there are some great ones and you get to gain some lifelong friends. Staff is usually like family when you are on a project and helps somewhat when you miss your own at home so much.

Cons

Consulting and client training does not help you at all in the field, and project managers consistently hold you accountable for expectations they never set and things that you are not taught. Unprofessionalism at client sites by senior level staff and upper management made me embarrassed to be associated with this company. No matter what your background or experience, as a new staff you are treated like you are straight out of high school and have the IQ of a rock. Public embarrassment and harrassment are a cultural norm, and feedback in the form of getting yelled and cursed at is common practice. They promise 48 hours at home on the weekends but hardly deliver. If you try to listen to the client and do what is right for them, you get yelled at by the project manager and senior staff and told that you are wrong. Then this causes rework later on when the tools DBA shoved in the clients' faces don't work, and you get yelled at again because you should have listened to the client in the first place. It is a "do as I say, not as I do" environment where senior staff say one thing about the client behind their back, but another to their face, and then they wonder why clients don't want them at the site anymore. The president of the company has a good vision about how to develop staff and move the company in a positive direction, but none of his management staff in the field listen to him or practice the expectations that he sets forth. The turnover is way too high and the bad thing is that it is always the good ones that leave because of the horrible culture of the company.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to self assess whether your view of business ethics are truly ethical and if what you are doing is actually going to benefit the client with sustainable success, or is only putting money into DBA's pockets.