DB&A - Great company to work for that rewards based on your development | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DB&A

"Great company to work for that rewards based on your development"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You will gain experience in a wide range of industries working with clients ranging from front line Supervisors all the way up to the C Suite. Emphasis is placed on developing your consulting skills and have not met anyone now willing to help. Company leadership is aligned with the consistent goal of delivering high value to clients. Great teamwork on projects helps develop new employees at rapid pace.

Cons

You must be willing and able to travel for 50 weeks per year leaving on Sundays and coming home on Fridays. The company is committed to providing at least 48 hours at home on weekends and you must be comfortable with this lifestyle.

Advice to Management

Continue with current Consultant development process.

Other Employee Reviews for DB&A

"Nothing but stellar"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the orientation at home office to the teams at two projects, I have gained important knowledge and am learning our tools and methodology from their collective experiences. Also, it has been made very clear to me, both through individual communication and our recent annual meeting, that I am an important member of the DBA Family.

Cons

If you don't like to travel, have constant interaction with people or work well in a team environment, this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

The teams I have worked on thus far have been both knowledgeable and helpful in my continued personal growth.

"Antiquated end use products to customers and poor leadership are trumped only by DB&A's insatiable appetite for billing."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to learn and execute a basic Process Improvement installation.
    Ability to operate across a number of different industries.
    Exposure to what leadership styles work and do not work internally and externally.
    Accelerated access to travel loyalty programs.

Cons

Overall business culture is codependent & self-destructive.
    Leadership operates with an aggressive, narcissistic posture.
    Restricted access to external networking opportunities with clients.
    Antiquated end use products to customers.
    Poor work-life balance philosophy.
    Non-competitive pay structure.
    Absence of internal Mentoring Program.

Advice to Management

In order for leadership to grow the company, business managers must recognize the severe gaps between the way they perceive how the business operates and how the business operation is actually executed in the field. Although steps are taking place to improve the overall quality of life inside DB&A, the company continues to lack basic self-awareness as the contributing factor to growth stagnation. If DB&A is unable to adapt to advances in technology and personnel management, its associates will pay the most severe penalty for investing their professional lives to an organization whose primary focus is partner dividends.