DBI Architects - A Good Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "A Good Experience"

I have been working at DBI Architects full-time

Pros

Social work environment with a casual, family-like culture. If you take initiative, they invest in your career development and play to your strengths. Good benefits (paid over-time, flexible work schedules)

Cons

Projects tend to be disorganized resulting in a lot of oversight. Staff is over-worked. Design can be highly repetitive.

Advice to Management

Take the time to mentor younger employees so that they can stand on their own or hire more experienced production staff. Start encouraging licensure and more innovative design.

DBI Architects2017-03-08

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly-hardwork environment"

Former Employee - Architectural Designer in Washington, DC

I worked at DBI Architects

Pros

DBI seems like a big family. People in the DC office are very friendly and always ready to help. The principals are very good people and accesible to the employees. There is a constant support in listening to the employees and solving any problems there might be. It was a nice place to work in.

Cons

- There were some confrontations between principals. - Some principals didn't allow to use headphones while working. - Some principals DIDN'T LIKE PEOPLE SPEAKING IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGES. (!!!!)

Advice to Management

Working at DBI was a fabulous experience. I recommend anyone to work there. I wish headphones and Spanish speaking in the office were allowed.

DBI Architects2012-01-16
  2. "Surveyor"

I worked at DBI Architects

Pros

Fine, nothing really special there

Cons

I had no complaints working

DBI Architects2017-07-21

Discover more reviews about DBI Architects.