DCM Telemarketing - Bad Leads = Low Income | Glassdoor

"Bad Leads = Low Income"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at DCM Telemarketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comfortable working environment, lunch area and flexible work schedules.

Cons

Consistently horrible leads means no chance to earn a decent living. Besides the low commission there are no other incentives to strive for. You can make over 400 calls a day and make contacts which are lucrative for the company but, not for you. Telemarketers here essentially become drones making hundreds of calls a day with little or no chance to call from good leads. There is only so much drive you can muster calling answering machines all day long before you lose steam.

Advice to Management

Give everyone a chance to use good leads once in a while to show how productive they can be. There should be more incentives here. How about the chance to earn $35 for every 50 contacts. There are a lot of talented sales people but, unless they have the tools they become nothing more than automatons.

Other Employee Reviews for DCM Telemarketing

1. "Its good"

I have been working at DCM Telemarketing part-time

Pros

It's a very flexible, friendly place. Nice people. Good coffee. Etc.

Cons

Its occasionally pretty cramped. Phones can go down, but rarely. I cant say too much. Pretty, pretty, pretty, good

Advice to Management

keep up all of the good work. I'm not big on advice. Its overrated. Genereally. Am I at the 20 word minimum?

"Last resort job"

Former Employee - Telemarketer
    Former Employee - Telemarketer

I worked at DCM Telemarketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very kind, helpful employees and a couple of nice managers. I got a free bagel one day. Flexible scheduling. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros.

Cons

The training was long and specific, but then afterwards the mixed messages I would get from management, supervisors and other employees was very off-putting and confusing. That was the first red flag: I made my first call using the script we had just spent about three hours going over and the woman next to me said "Don't waste your time with that or you'll be screwed." The people actually making sales hardly followed the script we were instructed to follow. They claim to have a "no cold-calling" policy, but the new employees are given terrible leads (honestly, it's practically cold-calling) and the only hope for getting better ones is by making a sale. The office space is dirty and old and the software regularly glitches out. I don't think I heard anyone actually get through a sale before their computer crashed, forcing them to enter all of the information manually. It just felt like everything was working against what we were instructed to do. Many of the managers and employees were very nice and I really hope someday they can find a better work environment.

Advice to Management

It really feels like you're setting up new employees to fail. Also, the wages are absolutely abysmal. If you're going to pay your workers next to nothing, at least improve the quality of the environment and the tools. (Aka, clean the building and update your technology).