DEFENDERS - Great company great culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DEFENDERS

"Great company great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are in charge of your career. They give everyone the same tools, systems, and resources to be successful. They invest in training and focus on learning and growing. All parts work together to make a sale. They celebrate success. Annual convention, Superstar trip, classes, YWAM, etc.

Cons

People don't get they signed up for a commission job for sales jobs and it takes time to learn systems and processes. We have data and results on how often jobs close in sales and install so their shouldn't be any surprises but staff seems to be. Maybe more education on what to expect and timing.

Advice to Management

Keep connecting with branches. Like yearly visits by management team.

Other Employee Reviews for DEFENDERS

"I found the company to be very deceptive to its employees' and to its customers'"

Former Employee - Security Advisor/Installation Technician in Goodlettsville, TN

I worked at DEFENDERS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Security Advisor / Installation Technician you can make a lot of money, and the company does provide good benefits.

Cons

They claim to be Christian oriented, yet their sales practices are deceiving to many customers. Their motto is "Work harder on yourself than you do on your job", yet much of the time you end up working so much that you have no time for yourself or your family. You can and will be fired for something as stupid as not being able to talk every customer into getting the security system, or for customers rescheduling their appointments, no matter how well you do your job. You can drive up to 3 or more hours to an appointment to find that the appointment canceled or rescheduled and you will not get paid anything for all the time and gas money you just spent, but your installation rate will drop which can get you fired.

Advice to Management

Change the way you rate your Installation Technicians. They are the money makers out there in the field bringing you success. Sales should be punished for appointments being rescheduled or canceled, not the technician who just drove up to 3 or more hours to get to the appointment to find that now his installation rate dropped and he is not getting paid anything now for the trip there and back even though it just cost him all that gas money and time.

2. "Dont let this company lie to you!"

Former Employee - Install Tech in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Install Tech in Evansville, IN

I worked at DEFENDERS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent morale and ideas for business.

Cons

The company does not evaluate the important details of this job, they only see the upsale $ amount. I was told that I did not have to sell anything in my interview. That I could just do installs and would make a good living. WHAT A LIE! Dont expect a future with this company! You are required to sell very out-dated equipment for much more than everyone knows that it is worth!

Advice to Management

Update products