KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting clients, high-performing team, cool travel opportunities

Sep 13, 2018 - Manager in Northampton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DHI's clients at the time I worked there were big international financial institutions such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, IFC, and etcetera. This gave me exposure to some really interesting and high-profile projects and clients. I also got to travel to eastern Europe and help governments and IFIs over there work on energy and infrastructure projects, which was super interesting and a once in a lifetime experience. Because the company is small, I got to do everything and gained a lot of skills here. You can make a big impact even as an entry-level person. Although it's rural, Northampton is a very cool place to live, especially if you like art and food. It's probably the most eccentric, artsy, liberal, politically involved, foodie, and queer-friendly small town in America. I now live in a big city and I miss the low cost of living and compact downtown. The management are great to learn from, and flexible. Also, when I was there there weren't many layers--I was working directly with the President/CEO and senior people all of the time, and got exposure into how they think, work and make decisions.

Cons

Because of the company's small size, you need to be able to take initiative, handle a wide variety of problems and projects, and be very agile and flexible. Sometimes you crunch numbers, sometimes you write reports, sometimes you meet with the transmission system operator running the power grid of a developing country or a World Bank big shot, and you need to be ready to thrive in each of these areas. This is not a big consulting firm where you get a ton of training and get your hand held.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Challenging and intesting place to work, without the presssure of a "big" consulting firm

Feb 17, 2022 - Manager in Northampton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work environment without overly aggressive/demanding management. The work is interesting and (if not) it changes with each new project, so there is variety. There's always been flexibility around where you work with the only expectation that you get your work done successfully. Staff are encouraged to attend training courses and expand their knowledge into areas that interest them.

Cons

Like any consulting firm, it can get hectic around a deadline and you'll have to put in some hours outside of normal work days. You receive comp time for any weekend hours worked so that is a good trade off.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to gain experience, lots of upward mobility

Mar 14, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company that feels like family. Hires recent grads. Great place to get your foot in the door, work on lots of diverse projects, and build skill. Travel opportunities. Commitment to advancing employees, and increasing responsibility level. Happy hours every Friday.

Cons

Salary is competitive for the region but not necessarily for the field. The opportunity to travel for free makes up for that if you like to travel. Medical benefits are typical for a small company (not great, not bad)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about DHInfrastructure.