DHL Express - Fast paced some days, but most days barely enough work and boredom sets in. | Glassdoor

"Fast paced some days, but most days barely enough work and boredom sets in."

Former Employee - Package Delivery Driver in Norman, OK

I worked at DHL Express full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The pay was decent, for the easiness of the job. However you’d often work 10+ hrs a day 5 days per week, and won’t get any overtime from it.

Cons

You can’t leave your duty city until 5pm each day, which means you must must sit in your van waiting from 2pm some days until you can even head back to the warehouse. My city was 40 minutes away, so I had to wait until rush hr before heading back to okc... sucked. Some people I worked with had a duty city of Tecumseh, Lawton, or even Stillwater. They couldn’t make it back to the warehouse until 730pm every day.

Advice to Management

Change it. Give drivers the option to take management rolls. Force out old management when they become too comfortable, and lax. Allow growth no matter what position you’re in.

DHL Express2017-10-30
  1. "Awesome Place to Work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at DHL Express full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, my supervisor was the best, hourly wages good, even maintained friendship many years later.

Cons

DHL was purchased, changed too fast, then acquired Airborne. DHL lost a lot of respect as soon as they did that. The purchase of Airborne ruined the family atmosphere the employees had.

Advice to Management

Wish you could go back. Never had a more wonderful job since. Ask your DHL Legacy employees how to turn back time. They will know.

DHL Express2019-05-10
  2. "LOTS of overtime caused by lack luster staffing"

Current Employee - Export Agent in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at DHL Express full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Decent Benefits Friendly coworkers Employee appreciation week

Cons

Poor communication from management Always making false promises

Advice to Management

This is a corporation so every concern is either SLOWLY dealt with because of bureaucracy or is NEVER dealt with...

DHL Express2019-05-10

Discover more reviews about DHL Express.