DICK'S Sporting Goods - Constantly overworked | Glassdoor

"Constantly overworked"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at DICK'S Sporting Goods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love sports and outdoors, then this is the company for you. It is a great store with great products. The company is always pushing forward to be the best and is never complacent.

Cons

You will be overworked right down to the last associate. This company will sqeeze every ounce it can out of you. You will constantly hear, "You need to be more productive" and "just get it done." They have an unlevel playing field with regards to payroll. I am a numbers cruncher and have worked in many stores. They preach customer service, but will let you run a store without the bodies to even come close to properly helping our customers. After you have given everything you can and you are exhausted, then you will be pushed out. I am still with the company and I see this happen all of the time.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Get the stores on a level playing field with payroll. Realize that the new "computerized" scheduler that adds thousands of $$ to the test stores is showing you what we need to run the store properly. Say "thank you" or "good job" once in a while without following it up with a "what have you done for me lately" or "you are underperforming in this area." If a store is ranked in the top 10 in overall metrics or selling metrics, don't beat them over the head with the one category that they are not in the top 10.

Other Employee Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

1. "Greatest job ever"

Pros

I just watched ESPN all day and got paid for it.

Cons

They managers literally do nothing except give orders. If you have a problem they are not helpful at all.

Advice to Management

Fewer managers and treat employees with more respect.

"Every day I work is the worst day of my life."

Current Employee - Hardlines Manager
    Current Employee - Hardlines Manager

I have been working at DICK'S Sporting Goods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their management training program is pretty good for first time managers and they offer a competitive salary.

Cons

Upper management has unrealistic expectations. Expect to work 60 hours a week and recently more due to huge payroll cuts. Also expect to have no life at all.

Advice to Management

Kill yourselves.