DICK'S Sporting Goods - Everyone that I work with is really helpful! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

"Everyone that I work with is really helpful!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at DICK'S Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Each associate contributes to a department. That way we cover all the departments throughout the day. We have a walkie talkie system which is fantastic because we are able to ask questions, get answers, and just overall communication with each other without having to be in the same area. Most of our associates are also trained in other departments so if we need backup in a certain department, then we can have help from other departments. If you enjoys sports and participating in a team environment, Dick's is the place for you. We work together just like a team. Dick's is also very flexible when scheduling which works nice with my coaching schedule.

Cons

My store specifically was going through some management changes at the time of my hire so I was not trained in many areas. Luckily, with the help of many of my co-workers, it was a fairly easy adjustment for me.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough employees working in each department so that some people can work on projects/training while others focus on customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

1. "Encouraged me to get an education to prevent working here."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at DICK'S Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% Employee discount on select items (unless they are already discounted to any extent). Easy enough job to learn.

Cons

Terrible policies on attendance, lead to about half of the decent cashiers quitting or getting fired due to being one minute late, There were 4 managers at my store, yet never enough employees working to get the jobs done. You have to sell a protection plan that is for the most part useless, then later explain to the customer you sold the protection plan to why you cant help him with his broken or defective item. You have to push Credit cards and rewards cards. The moral of the store I worked at was low leading to high employee turn over rate. They often drive away the better employees rather than pay them more. If you go on a planned vacation for a week even if you get the time approved, you have a good chance of finding out you were fired upon returning. The return policy is terrible leading to a lot of angry customers yelling at you. The sales signs are deliberately deceitful again resulting in disgruntled customers. You will almost NEVER actually get off of work on time. The Employee benefits are terrible. And you hard work will go completely unnoticed. I worked hard when I was there and the only time I ever once got a thank you was when I threatened to quit then did quit.

Advice to Management

Adjust the protection plan to insure it actually covers the product, reward hard working employees and do not punish someone for being a minute late when they stayed 3 hours extra last night to get a job done. Make sure the coupons you give out actually work or don't give them out at all. Be more open and honest, I felt the majority of the time I worked there my job was to deliver deceit and bad new to people.

2. "PGA Professional/Apprentice Position"

Former Employee - PGA Professional/Apprentice
    Former Employee - PGA Professional/Apprentice

I worked at DICK'S Sporting Goods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 40/week, any more than that was time and a half based off of salary
    - Treat like a professional and never under-valued for the position title
    - Great TEAM environment
    - Entire management team, including district, regional, loss preventions were first class
    - Excellent benefits
    - All in all a great position for PGA Golf Professionals looking for a stable career move
    - Great training
    - Overall great atmosphere

Cons

- During my tenure, I didn't get to see sales reps as much as Green-grass days. Would have helped more with product knowledge

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent approach toward your PGA Professionals