DICK'S Sporting Goods - Great Part Time job | Glassdoor

"Great Part Time job"

Pros

Awesome discounts, great management structure. Has a variety of items that want to have so always get first pick of all that comes in.

Cons

Low Pay, Odd hours, and if you are full time, could mean only 30 hours a week, so set your budget at 30 hrs a week.

Other Employee Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

1. "Encouraged me to get an education to prevent working here."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at DICK'S Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% Employee discount on select items (unless they are already discounted to any extent). Easy enough job to learn.

Cons

Terrible policies on attendance, lead to about half of the decent cashiers quitting or getting fired due to being one minute late, There were 4 managers at my store, yet never enough employees working to get the jobs done. You have to sell a protection plan that is for the most part useless, then later explain to the customer you sold the protection plan to why you cant help him with his broken or defective item. You have to push Credit cards and rewards cards. The moral of the store I worked at was low leading to high employee turn over rate. They often drive away the better employees rather than pay them more. If you go on a planned vacation for a week even if you get the time approved, you have a good chance of finding out you were fired upon returning. The return policy is terrible leading to a lot of angry customers yelling at you. The sales signs are deliberately deceitful again resulting in disgruntled customers. You will almost NEVER actually get off of work on time. The Employee benefits are terrible. And you hard work will go completely unnoticed. I worked hard when I was there and the only time I ever once got a thank you was when I threatened to quit then did quit.

Advice to Management

Adjust the protection plan to insure it actually covers the product, reward hard working employees and do not punish someone for being a minute late when they stayed 3 hours extra last night to get a job done. Make sure the coupons you give out actually work or don't give them out at all. Be more open and honest, I felt the majority of the time I worked there my job was to deliver deceit and bad new to people.

2. "PGA Professional/Apprentice Position"

Former Employee - PGA Professional/Apprentice
    Former Employee - PGA Professional/Apprentice

I worked at DICK'S Sporting Goods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 40/week, any more than that was time and a half based off of salary
    - Treat like a professional and never under-valued for the position title
    - Great TEAM environment
    - Entire management team, including district, regional, loss preventions were first class
    - Excellent benefits
    - All in all a great position for PGA Golf Professionals looking for a stable career move
    - Great training
    - Overall great atmosphere

Cons

- During my tenure, I didn't get to see sales reps as much as Green-grass days. Would have helped more with product knowledge

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent approach toward your PGA Professionals