DICK'S Sporting Goods - dick's sporting goods was lax. On my sixth day of working, i was responsible for closing shift by myself. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

"dick's sporting goods was lax. On my sixth day of working, i was responsible for closing shift by myself."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Didn't really have somebody breathing down your back. I think they know who they hire better than most and you are expected to do your job. and you get pretty good discounts.

Cons

working in the footwear department and being a fan of shoes but the shoe selection was lackluster. i am a basketball player and fan and we carried like 6 basketball shoes. running shoe selection was pretty amazing. and i worked six hours twice a week due to cutback of hours.

Advice to Management

when you have a new person, let them know how they're doing. Its confusing whether or not you're doing a good job if you never really find out from management. my supervisor and trainer telling me, "good job, you're learning," doesn't quite let me know i'm meeting my expectations.

Other Employee Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

1. "Good People (associates + 2 Managers) Good Deals"

Current Employee - CPT in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - CPT in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly environment and hard working associates. Great employee discounts. The store tries to get in products for the customers on certain things they want.

Cons

Not enough hours to get a decent paycheck. Not enough people scheduled in to cover certain departments. Good luck on getting a compliment, you have to tell them what you have done to gain some respect. No opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Cool it on the "cutting hours" and be more efficient. Give full time hours to FT associates. Try to gain more feedback from within the store. Show more appreciation to the other employees, they work real hard for very little. Try to be fair with other managers, treat them as you would want to be treated.

2. "Summer Job Opened Eyes to Retail"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bloomington, IL

Pros

The people I worked with were nice but as a temporary, I often felt shunned from the group.

Cons

Hours based on scorecards. Not every customer wants a sportscard! Kind of hard for managers to understand...

Advice to Management

Cashiers work hard so treat them with respect. They have to deal with all the customers.