DICK'S Sporting Goods - DSG is a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

"DSG is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Merchandise Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Merchandise Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Casual dress code and flexible hours. Work hard/Play hard mentality. Most employees are happy and the work place is pleasant. Beautiful office, complete with a full cafe and gym.

Cons

Political. While praise is given, negative feedback is held back. Experience isn't valued as much as youth. Standard operation procedures aren't used.

Advice to Management

Ed Stack is a great leader with a personal interest in the company. He does what is right - regardless of how hard it might be to execute.

Other Employee Reviews for DICK'S Sporting Goods

1. "Okay"

Current Employee - Cashier in Diberville, MS
    Current Employee - Cashier in Diberville, MS

Pros

I received a 25% discount. Most of my coworkers were friendly and were always ready to lend a helping hand.

Cons

The store was three towns away from my home and I didn't enjoy the job enough for it to be worth it, but that's just a personal problem on my part.

Advice to Management

All of the managers but one did an outstanding job at running the store. All did their own duties and helped with their employee's.

"It's retail"

Current Employee - Apparel Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Apparel Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy to manipulate managers, locations, no drug testing, co-workers are awesome for the most part. Lots of parties, causal dating, etc. If it wasn't a fun environment, I wouldn't still pick up shifts.

Cons

At 21 I am more educated than the majority of my managers, 8 managers at one store+lack of communication=grade A entertainment, hours are sporadic (i.e. 18hrs for 2 weeks, 0hrs for 2 weeks), discount@25% is bs when you can scan the barcodes and see what the company paid for them. After a year I went from 8 dollars to 8.16, I took all my managers out all drinks on me! Not!

Advice to Management

Quit eye-balling the female co-workers, communicate with each-other, and lay off the high-fives, those are ridiculous. I understand you have a shoe-string budget to work with but you could do so much better considering you have an army of min wage college students to attack customers with.