DIRECTV - DIRECTV, great work environment, people and benefits. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for DIRECTV

"DIRECTV, great work environment, people and benefits."

Current Employee - Specialist, Project Management in New York, NY
Current Employee - Specialist, Project Management in New York, NY

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DIRECTV is a great place to work. Lots of great people. Management is very flexible and open to dialogue. They offer a comprehensive benefits package.

Cons

Pay packages I feel are on the lowside. Also, depending on personal ambition, it feels like it can take a while to move up in the company. Performance is rewarded but I feel it could be better.

Advice to Management

Allow for more internal promotion and continue to develop talent. I feel the company is doing a good job at the moment, but can be improved by giving more direction at lower levels.

Other Employee Reviews for DIRECTV

"Bullying and Authoritarian Management"

Former Contractor - Contractor In Consumer Premise Engineering in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

About 5 minutes from the ocean so you can go have lunch and de-stress.

Cons

Bullied into different tasks, never nicely asked only threatened either with my job or by creating very negative competitions between employees with the suggestion that someones' job is on the line. Never given tasks relating to my actual job duties or skills. Upper management very aware of bullying but takes no action. Very low productivity and high turn over due to Directors bullying, cold and foreboding atmosphere, it's dog-eat-dog or find another job. Extreme nepotism and favoritism issues in this department and company wide per the watercooler talk. Get reprimanded for not knowing the latest yet training is only offered to the favorites. Very backward management style very surprising for what would be expected to be a progressive company.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "managers' who have no previous management experience or innate soft skills. Take employees complains of discrimination seriously. Treat "contract" employees with the same amount of respect and decency you do your full timers.

"Watch Your Back - You May Find A Knife Strategically Placed"

Former Employee - IT Principal Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - IT Principal Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at DIRECTV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with some amazing people. All employees get free DiRECTV. The overall benefits were good.

Cons

I worked with some horrible people. Constantly shifting organizational structure, no real advancement benefits, Sr. management were the only ones being promoted, less than cost of living wage increases, horrible HR department. Although it is one company, the business units exist as separate entities, which makes it difficult to have any uniformity in procedures and processes.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They are he ones who ultimately drive your success. Be fair and impartial. Just dint take the word of the manager blindly.