DIRECTV - Technical customer service | Glassdoor

"Technical customer service"

Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Technical Customer Service in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience working in the Cable TV call center industry for over 10 years this is the best company I have worked for. They truly go out of their way for their customers & employees. Unlike other call center environments, they understand that numbers alone don't tell the whole story. Though talk time is important it isn't what defines your performance. They are more concerned with first call resolution & giving the customer a great experience. This place has a the lowest turnover/churn rate I have ever seen in a call center. That alone should tell you something. If you're sincere, have a good a attitude & can be a player you can move up quick. The free DirecTV service is Huge plus! You only pay for the premier protection plan & any ppv movies or events. You get 1 free upgrade a year & you get to own the equipment. You also get every single movie & sports package which includes the nfl Sunday ticket superfan. It all would normally cost about $400 a month.

Cons

I think the starting wage could better. The medical benefits are very confusing & not that great. An FSA credit card would be nice. They lockdown the computers to the point where its ridiculous. We can't even ungroup tabs or arrange our own icons. With the amount of programs & windows we have to shift through it would make us more efficient to have dual monitors.

Advice to Management

rThough computer security is important to protect our customers, allot of the restrictions put on the workstations makes our jobs more difficult. I dont see what the huge risk is to letting us configure our desktops like ungrouping tabs. It makes us feel like we're not trustworthy. Better benefits like an HMO would be great. A raise at least after our 90 days once we've proven ourselves would be nice. It would also be great to have a more efficient way confirm bill status with our partners like AT&T instead of calling their automated system. This makes us look real bad with our customers & makes us look unorganized & unprofessional.

Other Employee Reviews for DIRECTV

1. "More than enough."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caguas, PR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caguas, PR

I have been working at DIRECTV part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has excessive flexibility, great pay (not minimum), big hours for part-time workers, omnipresent team work, secure and clean offices, different experiences everyday, excellent training methods, and, of course, TVs everywhere.

Cons

Dealing with unsatisfied customers...but that problem's everywhere, really.

Advice to Management

Introduce a faster access to database, implement an easier bill review page, and get new hardwares like computers, turn number displays, and phones.

"Good pay and Benefits, nice to to work in the South Bay."

Current Employee - Content Producer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Content Producer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and Benefits. Nice people and wide variety of positions. I like working in the South Bay away from the hustle and bustle of LA

Cons

Its a very large company with a lot of bureaucracy, it can be difficult to navigate politics of departments to get work done.

Advice to Management

Employees would appreciate more transparency and communication.