DISH - The Truth Hurts. A Managers Point of View. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"The Truth Hurts. A Managers Point of View."

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Placerville, CA
Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Placerville, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not the worst Job I have had, but it's heading down that direction.

Cons

Dish no longer cares about their employee's and everybody is just a number to them and can easily be replaced. So far this year, we have seen every type of employee from Field Service, Management, Human Resources, and Training get let go during their newly found "talent upgrade" process. They have been pushing all their employees to the limit to see how much work they can topple on top of them and the breaking point can now be seen with many dissatisfied surveys here and with the internal survey that they are currently conducting. The technicians are our hardest working employees of the company, yet they are being overworked and not properly compensated for. When they complain to us about their day to day issues, we as their managers are not allowed to sympathize with them and are told to tell them "Hey, it's what you get paid for. You either do it or go find another job."

Advice to Management

Stop Micro-Managing your employees and stop making Job-Aids to make us perform like robots. It's a slap to the face to work for a company for 4+ years and be proficient and successful at it, to now force us to use these Job-Aids and tell us "Hey, you have been doing it wrong this whole time, follow this Job-Aid step by step and you will be successful!"

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Modern day slavery"

Current Employee - FSS IV in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have a job. Get a check.

Cons

Never know when you gonna get fired..over work.set many task for technician, salesman audio tech. Car wash detailing tech, and dispatching are self . Nothing is never done right in management eyes . Tech always take blame ..

Advice to Management

where people too. not machines...management always raising the bar. we hit our goal. and we get rewarded with a higher goal for next time around.1 more is the slogan, how about 1 more dollar.mr vp

"Field Service Specialist 1"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Benicia, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Benicia, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck. That is it. This place was absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. It was a thankless job. Many of the customers appreciate you, but management sure don't.

Cons

It's a dangerous job. Field Service personel get injured all of the time. Falling off ladders, getting bit by dogs, lifting injuries, lacerations and bruises from crawling spaces and attics. Long work hours. I've worked on many occassions from 6:45am to past midnight. Then you are expected to be back at 6:45am the next day, if you're scheduled. And don't even think about being late. You will be written up without exception. When you are injured they still make you come in becuase they don't want you collecting disability. I once tripped while carrying the ladder. I tried to prevent myself from falling and dropping the ladder on the customers personal property. I pulled muscles in my back. I completed the job. The next day, I felt it bad. I told my FSM (Field Service Manager) and he treated me like a criminal. He took me to the clinic with 2 other technicians who had been injured on the same day. We were given medications and told that we would be on light duty at the warehouse for 10 hours per day, on a 4 day work week. For 2 weeks we were to clean up the warehouse, pick-up trash in the parking lot and in the bushes, help technicians clean-out their vans, stomp on the trash, etc. Still physical labor, with injuries. Unbelievable! There were at least 2-3 injured technicians at any given time.
    The managers all hate their jobs. Many of them are technicians that were too injured to go back out into the field. They are all in a power struggle with each other. They too have to work long hours and they can't go home until the last technician comes in. And as I mentioned, that can be anytime.
    I had a sales backgrofor my und and wanted to go into sales. I tried to transfer to sales, but the service side would not allow it. I quit and went elsewhere and am still a top producing sales person. Their loss.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership classes. Just because you've got a profitable company does not make you a good leadership team. I have a feeling that you have not idea of what is going on in the field. I'm sure that if you don;t figure it out, it will be th at aspect of the business that leads to your demise. I think it was CNN's recent story that showed DISH as the worst employer in the US. I haven't worked for DISH in over 4 years, and obviously little has changed. You need to learn how to motivate, not intimidate. Incentivize your field service teams. Have them upselling products they can recieve commissions on. After all, to the customer, they are the face of DISH Network. I hope you listen. Your technicians deserve better.