DISH - happy | Glassdoor

"happy"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

constantly seeks to improve company and employees
cares that we have work and hours

Cons

people who take having a job for granted

Advice to Management

thanks for feeding me

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Horrible Company they treat employees like crap to put it mildly!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not many jobs out there so if you are desperate I guess it's better than nothing?

Cons

Worst management I have ever seen. Constantly lied to and given two days notice to change a shift. Management is clueless as well and just don't care about anything but covering their own ass. Mandatory overtime with little or no notice on when you can work it. Totally deserves the title of WORST place to work in the US. Joe Clayton is an Ivory Tower loser not interested in changing anything except trying to make as many millions as he can while chewing up and spitting out as many employees as it takes to make an extra dollar. What a pathetic company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Quit changing employees shifts with zero notice. Treat people the way YOU would like to be treated instead of like dogs. Things will NEVER change there. It's obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ass kissing should not be a prerequisite for advancement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst Company I have ever worked at. Everyone who works there is looking for another job and sometimes on company time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"field service specialist 4"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist IV in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work can be enjoyable if you like to be out of an office working with your hands.
    You get to meet some cool customers every now and then.
    Good customer service experience and good experience in the communications field.

Cons

Everything is micro managed now. I mean everything! Everyday you are pressured to sell items and extra services. We use to be techs, now we are techs and sells men.
      The " incentive" programs are not incentives or goals anymore. You better hit your almost unachievable numbers(which some are based on luck, for instance if your customer at the time doesn't have broadband it will effect your connectivy score) , or else you will get talked to, put on a progression plan, or writen up..
    Christmas parties, end of the year parties , LONG GONE. You are just a number to the company. Period.
    Health benefits are bad. Might as well not even have the companies provided health benefits. They use to be good.

Advice to Management

Listen to your techs they are the ones doing the dirty work and making the company run. Stop slamming on extremes amount of work .