DISH - Great Employer With Many Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Great Employer With Many Opportunities"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for dish for 13 years and has been a great experience. I started in the CSC as a CSR and moved my way up to management then onto work in the Corp Offices. The opportunities are abundant if you apply yourself and stay focused.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see is Partner Benefits for the GBLT employees, it would make it easier for long term partners to be able to provide insurance.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"poor, poor relations with its employees"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i would say the video service, but at the office i was at, the management tried to make employees feel guilty if they did not have it.

Cons

i worked in the warehouse. we were overstaffed and i barely worked 40 hrs a week. that was until the tornado tore through our building, while i was in the building. they treated me as if nothing happened and made us work out of a storage unit for months. inventory specialist do not get the benefits of the office staff and do not get the bonus structure of the technicians.

Advice to Management

quit

"Difficult job to endure"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the people I have worked with at DISH through the years, and I love helping customers. I just wish I could stick to just helping them.

Cons

No employee loyalty. Inconsistent goals -- I may be well above goal normally, but for shift bids it doesn't matter. As a many-year rep considered one of the best in the building, I still get one of the worst shifts. Sales matters more than fixing things for tech support reps. Minor mistakes in what you say affect your QA scores, Customer satisfaction surveys greatly impact your standing, even when they are reviewing the company or what the previous agent did. Little or no chance to get holidays off. Even after many years of service I still only get 3 weeks off a year, and I MIGHT be able to get a holiday but it has varied each year. If you're not willing to move to Denver (headquarters), there is little to no upward mobility. Some positions are actually a step down in pay for regular agents.

Advice to Management

Realize that your agents are people with lives. We aren't just bodies to fill seats and sell stuff for you. We are tech support, not sales. You say adding programming adds value to the customer's experience? It adds upset customers who just want off the phone.