DISH - Customer Service Rep | Glassdoor

"Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Being on a team that becomes like second family (you have to because you never get to see your family), pay for the area, guaranteed breaks with one hour lunches, and location.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, point attendance policy, team coaches are sometimes unwillingly to help, daily changes to business policies that you have to explain to customers, take downs of certain channels like AMC and have to explain to disgruntled customers, a training program that is too short, and set schedules where there is no room for changes when a major even happens in your life.

Advice to Management

Create more useful incentives when doing a good job besides the free stuff given by the various premium channels. Make the bonus incentive more achievable.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Never Recognized"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are amazing (at least those on the same level), opportunity, different locations, free service

Cons

Mandated Overtime, Confusing Attendance Policies, health insurance, management, misinformation, communication, culture, hostile work environment

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep all employees happy if you would still like to keep your customers satisfied. Happy employees equals happy customers. Stop using empty threats to get performance, it doesnt work. If you promise something to your employees, keep it. If you cannot keep it, communicate with your employees and let them know why, don't just ignore it. Policies change and no one ever seems to know what it is, provide proper communication to avoid confusion. Mandated overtime is to be expected, however, minutes before the end of shift is not acceptable. Management wants numbers more than anything and will hound over employees until they get it, this will force employees to do just the opposite and creates a hostility at the workplace. I know many employees that have left this company because they were simply unhappy and were not treated fairly. I know many employees that were terminated under false pretenses and that I do not agree with. Employees that go above and beyond, are never recognized and have the hardest time moving up within the company. I am one of those that was never recognized and because of this, I am looking for more support within the company at a different location and willing to pay hundreds of dollars seeking happiness elsewhere.

"Worst company I ever worked for - and I'm pretty old!"

Former Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good.

Cons

Business rules change on a whim. Thornton location is an old, sick facility that needs to be cleaned and overhauled to prevent employee illness. Required scripting, and management insistence that you must upsell to even the most financially strapped customers, eradicate any rapport with customers. Supervisors/managers normally unavailable. After weeks of training, call center employees apparently cannot be trusted to use best judgement to deal with customers.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about how to treat employees. Satisfied employees translates to satisfied customers. Maybe then DISH would not be included in the Customer Service Hall of Shame.