DISH - good job bad planning | Glassdoor

"good job bad planning"

Current Employee - Fss2 in New Haven, CT
Current Employee - Fss2 in New Haven, CT

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy fun job with decent pay and ok benefits. 2 weeks vaca once you start.

Cons

poor management planning and overall organization. upper management changes policies to often and then change them back a week later

Advice to Management

left the workers do there job they know the best and fastest way. not some computer or consultant

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Install Technician Level 2 but never promoted due to never being able to meet 1 of 50 requirements in any given month."

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Hayward, CA

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training. work wear, fellow technicians are the most nicest people you'll ever work with. Field service managers are very understanding of the dire situations the techs are in. But they report to upper management who have a no excuse no matter what mind set.

Cons

Management have their heads jammed up their you know whats... Health insurance, dangerous, long hours, carrot on a stick promotional incentives. Employee turnover, People filthy homes, hazardous, Safety is number one priority, (in office training) but the reality demand from management that you complete each job supersedes safety. Management know this. They just dont want to be caught and

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like disposable plasma bags.

"Current fss 4"

Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At my work place we are all like family. I love all my fellow employees and interacting with my customers.

Cons

I wish the benefits were better. My insurance for what i do is horrible. I love my company an don't want to down it in the least but I just wished I had a better health plan. I go in customers houses that are filthy and sometimes the customers are even sick. Yes granted if we get hurt on the job the company will pay for all the cost but I cannot go to my fan and say I may have gotten sick at a customers house. I use my own insurance thy they provide for that which is 20% out of my pocket. I just wished it was better for what I do. I am extremely dedicated and never complain and sell $700 or more in dish smart home services a month and maintain all my numbers. I have been with the company almost 5 years and will continue to be there as long as they will let me. I just wish that for a muti billion dollar company i could atleast have $15 co-pays which I had at a previous company that while I was there celebrated that they had finally became a million dollar company. I also believe promotions from within would be great instead others off the street. I know lots of fellow employees that have applied for job and would be great in the role but were surpassed by others off the street that had no company loyalty and left or got fired shortly after getting the job in turn crushing the person who enternally applieds company spirit. One more complaint is I wish my IM and FSM actually seemed responsible. I've been here long enough that I remember the days that it was mandatory for FSM'S to stay until every tech got back. Since its been lifted at least in Nashville my IM and FSM are gone every day by 4 and are very hard to get ahold of. That's ridiculous considered the dangers we can potentially run into. Anyways that's my peace but I still love an support my company to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Just please get better insurance and promote from within and don't har management that leaves at 4 every day and abandons every one else in the field.