DISH - Best company I've worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO
Current Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, good pay, good benefits, free TV service, lots of great people to work with.

Cons

None that I have encountered.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Get back to basics"

Current Employee - DD, BB, RV in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - DD, BB, RV in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is money to be made if you work hard and can handle no recognition and constant stress.
    The company is willing to take a chance and promote people who have no experience.

Cons

You will be written up for things in which you have no control. Even when it is company policy and you follow that policy, you're still wrong and are held accountable for it.
    The company has lost focus on resolving the customers problem and only cares about the numbers.
    It is unnerving to come to work everyday and not know if your being set up to be fired. There is no loyalty to their employees. It is very much about what they can get from you today.

Advice to Management

if you want to change the culture get rid of your managers. The culture in Phoenix is male dominated with a win at all cost mentality. This is not the type of WIN that you want! Get rid of the split shifts. For Dishnet agents this is like being beat with stick for 13 hours a day. We're your most tenured and knowledgeable agents yet have the most ridiculous and unattainable goals to meet. (40% of calls are techniciians but held to the same standards as a non DishNet BB agent that speaks only to customers.
    I think it would be great if you did the undercover boss thing. If you planted a few people in training and transferred a few into the different depts. You would probably be shocked in the way things REALLY happen.

"good job bad planning"

Current Employee - Fss2 in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Fss2 in New Haven, CT

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy fun job with decent pay and ok benefits. 2 weeks vaca once you start.

Cons

poor management planning and overall organization. upper management changes policies to often and then change them back a week later

Advice to Management

left the workers do there job they know the best and fastest way. not some computer or consultant