DISH - Horrible. This company does not value its employees. At all. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Horrible. This company does not value its employees. At all."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Really. There are none.

Cons

DISH does not treat their employees like adults. They treat you like slaves, and that is not an exaggeration. Case in point:
- When you start working there, they give you a list of their company's value's/expectations. One is: Do one more thing before you go home every day.

Really? Really. Are you serious. You know we are people, right? This is disgusting. Why don't you try managing like a human being. Just because you are CEO doesn't mean there aren't equally talented, smart people working at your company, who BY THE WAY, make your company run!! Company could not turn a profit without its human capital and talent. And even if you do think of everyone as minions, why would you want them to feel like slaves that your'e trying to squeeze every minute out of by putting this as one of the company's values/core expectations? Given the no-work-from-home-ever policy and the must-eat-lunch-between-11:30-2 policy, you'd think you could at least leave this one off. Give me a break.

Health insurance is really poor compared to other companies. Really poor. And this is across the board.

401K match is a joke, they hardly match anyyyyyything. Management is cool with you eating dog food when you're retired and 70!

Employees are not empowered to do their jobs. It's a joke. You can't do cross-functional collaboration to own a project and accomplish it. Just gotta submit to your manager. Seriously, the issues that my manager's manager deals with make me laugh. I honestly cannot believe someone at that level gets that involved in the weeds. Do they not have bigger fish to fry and things to work on. Wow.

There's more but I"m not wasting time to write about this crappy company.. if you decide to work here get ready to be treated like a slave/robot.

Oh yeah, and it's really really annoying that they basically force you to get DISH service. If your employees don't want to get DISH, don't make them. You say it's about getting to know the product, but given the culture at your company noooo one is going to buy that. It's clearly cuz you know when people leave they're not likely to want to switch service due to the hassle. We're not stupid, you know.

I am leaving this company asap.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like crap.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Some of upper management makes the job amazing, while others ruin it."

Former Employee - Various Different Job Titles in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Various Different Job Titles in Littleton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a great opportunity for those willing to work hard and stay focused. If you are under the right manager/upper management the jobs great. I was there 3 years and started at the very bottom as a customer service representative and going on my 2nd year I was offered 2 promotions within that same year. It was a great experience until the lack of organization and managements inability to listen (in a specific department) got the best of & ruined everything.

Cons

You should expect to be just another number and to work in an element of fear. Majority (not all) of management will not listen to issues or concerns that individuals or teams may have. They have random HUGE mass firings where you'll see anywhere from 50-200 people- if not more let go at one time.

Advice to Management

Consider listening to what your employees are telling you and at least investigate the concern/issue further.

"Run, Run Like The Wind"

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None worth mentioning. don't bother applying unless you want to be treated like a bad child.

Cons

Excessive overtime. Good luck seeing anyone you care about. Constant threats and bullying from incompetent management. Overbooked, no time for lunch, forget dinner, benefits are horrible. Forget about holidays with your family.

Advice to Management

Instead of making truck layouts and harassing employees, why don't you learn why they leave in droves.