DISH - Structured environment with large potential if your okay with micro - management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"Structured environment with large potential if your okay with micro - management"

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

They are an international company and for that reason there is of course a large potential for advancement so long as you want to work hard to get there. The company also has invested largely into technology to include the Samsung Note so that you can work more efficiently and keep everything from the activations, to the customer's signature all digital and hassle free. This technology continues into your routes, GPS to customer location and so forth. You can start on the bottom end as a FSS1 (Installer) if you know your stuff can be a lead technician by your first year. After a few years with the company you may have the option to move up to a FSM (Field Service Manager). From there it depends on the route you wish to take and where you are wanting to go.. Even during your time as an installer there are many routes and options that you have. You will be SCBA certified and then you can go back through more training to become certified to do Smart Home. Through all of your training you increase in level of pay and there are some techs pushing around $25-30hr. All depends on how hard you want to work and how long...

Cons

The great thing is the structured environment and there is a lot technology to help make your job easier but that all comes at a cost. The FSM's are able to at any point in the day know your exact location, know what your doing and how.. Generally this isn't a problem if you are doing what you are supposed to do however it does make you wonder how much you are trusted.

Advice to Management

Management at this location seems to be very interested in the employees lives and the things that are going on which affect work. Most of the management is prior military to include marines which makes the management style a little "in your face". You have to understand though at least in my perspective that this is a good thing. You know what you are getting and you don't have to wonder about uncertainties. You know what is expected of you and there is no reason that you can't do your job as they give you everything that you would need to complete the task. They do a great job and they work hard. Keep up the good work. The only advice that could be given is to the upper management. STOP HOLDING CONNECTIVITY AGAINST THE TECH! We can not control the fact that more and more people are dropping traditional forms of connectivity. More people JUST LIKE ME use their phone for internet. Why are we being graded on this is we can't control it. Trust that your employees are connecting the ones they can and leave the rest alone.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"DISH is getting better"

Current Employee - Non-Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Non-Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get pushed to be the best you can be and as long as you work hard, are intelligent, and contribute, you will be rewarded. Stable company with a bright future of new and exciting challenges. The company is definitely improving when it comes to the culture of how employees are treated.
    I've enjoyed my years at DISH and am not considering moving, though I've had offers.

Cons

None....now. Like I said, it has gotten better and keeps improving.

Advice to Management

Cutting people who just go thru the motions and do not really care about the company or improving things makes sense, but don't cut employees that are known by their peers to be contributors at the same time and call it a talent upgrade. It makes good employees who enjoy their jobs nervous and good employees are the ones that typically have the ability to jump jobs, even in a poor economy.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dish is a company that offers great services to it's customers but what set the company apart for me is that it went above and beyond to make it an excellent place to work. The variety of benefits and perks offered to it's employees are outstanding. The opportunities Dish offers it's employees to grow within the company are stellar. Most importantly, Dish has a lot of new and exciting changes it is working on which will make it a unique and an even better place to be in the years to come.

Cons

I have been with the company since February 2009 and still can't find any cons.

Advice to Management

Throughout the past few years we have introduced a lot of great services making this company unique in what we provide our customers. Keep it up.