DISH - Inventory Control | Glassdoor

"Inventory Control"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist
Current Employee - Inventory Specialist

I have been working at DISH part-time (More than a year)

Pros

NO pros at all here...
only thing I can migh say is a "discounted" bill.

Cons

Too many to list for this place

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of your ....

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"My experience has been up and down."

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One reason is it is a job in this shaky economy. I enjoy the technical side of working for DISH. We get to meet and greet new people daily. Independence.

Cons

We are graded on certain metrics and we have little to no control over some of them. Bonuses, as well as promotions, are determined by these metrics. Pay is not competitive. I could make twice the amount I make here at DirecTv. I went to school to be certified to install satellite internet and of course we don't get extra pay when we get extra certifications.There is no such thing as an excused absence. I was wrote up for missing a day when I was told to take the day off from a doctor and I took the slip to my office. If a customer misses their appointment and we are an hour and a half away, back at the office, and the customer gets home and wants us to come back to do their job we have to turn around and go back. We work in all weather, in attics and under houses.Technicians are forced to try and sell new equipment offered by DISH to customers and we are compensated with Reward points that we can use to buy things at a website. Well, considering the value of items we sell the "reward" points don't equal out to much. Last time I checked, salesmen usually receive some kind of training and they are reasonably compensated.The "rewards" are not worth their while. A real salesman would make actual money for selling these items at another place. Our management tells us if we have a problem to talk to them and they will try to work something out with us. Well, if we do go to them and talk to them we almost always get the same answer. It's something along the lines of, "There is nothing I can do to help." or "I will have to ask somebody else and get back to you." or "That is the policy and there is nothing I can do to help." I love the type of work but it seems like we(technicians) , the face of DISH, are doormats and don't matter at all. If we did, pay would be competitive, we would be properly rewarded for accomplishments and we would be treated like people, instead of slaves.

Advice to Management

Listen and take our issues up the ladder so something can be done to make DISH a decent place to work. Fight for the minions underneath you.

2. "Employees are expendable"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros--hire entry level and promote from within

Cons

Pay is poor. Benefits are almost non-existent. Employees are viewed as replaceable. Company constantly talking about adapting to change but never has a plan in place or the tools needed to effectively implement what they want changed. Poor reputation in the community.

Advice to Management

If you want to provide exceptional customer service you have to treat your employees the way you want them to treat the customer.