DISH - A great customer service to get a career and make a significant amount of money. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"A great customer service to get a career and make a significant amount of money."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many positive aspects to work for Dish. Naturally this is a customer service job and it may seem stressful at times. But the stress is mostly from the type of work and not necessarily caused by Dish. There is a lot of support to ensure agents are happy on the floor since morale is critical in a job like this regarless of position. Sometimes different metrics are pushed more then others but thats natural of every business. There are lots of opportunities to make money above your regular pay. Positions are regurlaly availble to grow both locally and nationally. There are benefits to go for further education and a good retirement plan as well. A great significant amount of overtime available if you are up for.

Cons

As I was writing this I was thinking very hard to fill out this section. I could hardly come up with anything to write here so Im going to have to leave this blank because i do not see any cons.

Advice to Management

Use senior agents for meetings to give a better view on their opinion since they have put the time and effort to stay as long as they have.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"I am proud to work at DISH"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, savvy and supportive coworkers and managers; unlimited opportunities for growth; exciting and challenging work; great pay; innovative company; beautiful campus; excellent benefits; on-the-job training; vibrant culture

Cons

I wish I lived closer to work!

"Undermining, unprofessional, pay does not match responsibilities, Corporate office is like incarceration"

Former Employee - Corporate Stooge in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Corporate Stooge in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really good people who work for this company, but they are not the ones who make the decisions that impact your daily life as an employee.

Cons

Pay for performance does not exist, even when you set annual goals and exceed them. There is a lot of drama among the officers in this organization (yelling/cursing at meetings), action plans, too much work for too little pay, monitored clock-in/clock-out, core hours must be met even if you have a medical appointment. The health benefits are horrible (high deductible). It cost approximately $4000 to have my son. Lots of favoritism among managers, who tend to be worker bees. Morally and ethically this company is not good for any degree of work/life balance.

Advice to Management

No suggestions, you can't change a broken system unless it's rebuilt from the top down.