"Get The Facts Straight"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

-Team oriented atmosphere. -Opportunity for individual growth. -Employee discounts. -Climate controlled environment with ergonomical tools/resources. -Competitive benefits. -Competitive work schedule.

Cons

Room for slight improvement on hourly wages.

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"Incredible opportunity, outstanding colleagues, dynamic company"

Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DISH is truly a company under transformation. This is a company that recognizes that there is a path to be a better company tomorrow than it was yesterday, and it is willing to take risky internal and external steps to get there. This is an unbelievably rare quality among large corporations and thoroughly under appreciated. It is a place where I believe the best idea has a better-than-average chance of coming to fruition. Moreover, I have found the culture to be the fairest I have participated in. It is a tough place to work? Yes -- most environments that expect high achievement are.

Cons

DISH needs to continue address the the various policies drive needless resentment among employees and thwart the company's need to attract and retain the best talent possible.

Advice to Management

Management has truly been working to listen more to employees in 2012; it's impacting engagement for the better -- keep it up in 2013. Continue your willingness to address out-dated, or less-than-productive policies; expect more from managers when it comes to employee development and coaching. Finally, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Recognize the policies that irritate employees have a hard cost in terms of productivity and resentment.

2. "Current DD/BB/RV in Phoenix"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall the company is in a very good spot. Growth- The business is changing rapidly and growing. The managers are very much a part of the site and not locked away in an office giving orders. The opportunity to stand out, get yourself noticed and promoted into your position of interested is the best thing about working in the site. The job is what you make it just like anything else in life. Working hard and enjoying the rewards of your work. The managers in Phoenix have created an atmosphere of striving to be the best not only within our site but companywide. I have never worked in another call center where employees talk about making DISH their career and just another job. Someone with little to no education outside of a high school diploma will be given the opportunity to grow into their position of interest. 95% of the current management in Phoenix started off an entry level agent on the phones and worked their way into the position they hold today. Promotions are always done internally. Pay- The job pays well. Plain and simple. There are plenty of opportunities for the entry level employees to make 2 different performance based incentives on top of their base pay. The more tenured agents usually a part of the advanced tech program and are paid more as an hourly rate, and they also can make sales incentive bonuses. Everyone is also given an annual raise and performance appraisal. Managers- The GM and management team is very accessible at all times .Unlike any other jobs in which managers are hidden away from the site, the managers in Phoenix are seated as a part of it. There have been plenty of situations in which a manager will make a special exception for an employee to help. It ranges from schedules, days off, etc. There has been many times in which I had something going on outside of work and I am comfortable enough to talk to my bosses and listen to the advice they provide. Things like that make me want to work for them. Dish is a great company but when I get up in the morning I come to work for the managers in Phoenix.

Cons

There is an opportunity for health benefits and coverage to improve but the plan is just okay compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

There are plenty of happy people working for you. Not enough of us are posting on a website like this. We are excited at the growth and change.I love my company and I love my job and plenty of people feel the same way.