DISH - Worst place to work | Glassdoor

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibilties....that's about it.

Cons

Low pay, horrible hours, horrible work environment.

Advice to Management

They have received advice the last 20 years so I don't think any new advice will make a difference.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

"IT is in stagnation."

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seems like a stable company for a moment. Weak internal initiatives, very little actual talent left.

Cons

Bad attitude towards employees. Dominance of bureaucratic rules over professionalism and creativeness. Small and dirty cubicles, outdated software systems. Promotional are given based on loyalty to the management and not based on the delivery.

Advice to Management

Do everything to retain your most talented employees. Ease bureaucratic way of management.

"Overall: Mostly okay."

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent wages. Coworkers are generally nice and helpful. Sufficient updates on business changes, which are frequent. Benefits are average, but not the worst I've seen. They try to do fun things like barbecues, singing contests, anniversary parties, etc, to improve morale.

Cons

Lack of schedule flexibility. Inability to schedule unpaid days off. Inadequate and infrequent feedback from management. Mandatory overtime.

Advice to Management

Allow for more coaching time so that supervisors can provide feedback with agents. You want us to meet certain metrics at the company. I believe that feedback is essential.
    The lack of flexibility with scheduling and occasional mandatory overtime makes work/life balance more difficult, especially those with families.