DISH - They just don't care about their employees. | Glassdoor

"They just don't care about their employees."

Current Employee - FSS IV in

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." ... Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

DISH2013-01-05
  1. "innovative and exciting!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The fast-paced environment. I stay busy and know that I'm contributing toward an exciting future for DISH and the nation.

Cons

navigating change can be tricky

DISH2019-09-20
  2. "Manufacturing Intern at DISH in Spartanburg, SC"

Former Intern - Manufacturing Intern in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at DISH for less than a year

Pros

Friendly employees/managers at this remanufacturing plant. Given a lot of freedom as an intern with our own projects. Travelled out to Denver during the last week of the internship to see headquarters/call centers as well as to present our projects to company manufacturing executives.

Cons

The company as a whole seems to be on a downward trend as the need for satellite TV has decreased. DISH is trying to innovate their strategy and enter new markets but this could cause many layoffs and stability issues.

Advice to Management

Be careful with trying to penetrate new markets too quickly.

DISH2019-09-15

Discover more reviews about DISH.