DISH - They just don't care about their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

"They just don't care about their employees."

Current Employee - FSS IV
Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

1. "The Good, The Bad, and The Very Bad."

Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I
    Former Employee - Field Service Specialist I

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some great people and the managers were helpful. The pay was great and there was plenty of work to be done.

Cons

My field coach spent more time criticizing my driving than teaching me the job. The managers didn't allow him to really show me how to do it and then expected me to meet all the performance metrics that experienced technicians have to meet. Management doesn't care about getting you home at a reasonable time and you will spend 12 or more hours a day working. If you aren't out that late, you have little or no work at all.

Advice to Management

Actually train people, listen to them instead of criticizing, and spread out the work so people can see their families.

"It is okay"

Pros

You make a pay check. the pay is based on what you do. The calls can beat you down. some of the managers are pretty cool.

Cons

constant bad call transfers. hard to gauge exactly what you are doing day to do. tons of overtime hours with out any prior notice. all in all not a very good job if your qualified for better.

Advice to Management

hire more people. change marketing.